deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Niv-Mizzet EDH Secret Santa - Comments  (Read 333 times)

Comment Bot

Niv-Mizzet EDH Secret Santa - Comments
« on: December 05, 2019, 02:09:09 pm »
Niv-Mizzet EDH Secret Santa

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Tbosler

• Decks
Re: Niv-Mizzet EDH Secret Santa - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 02:09:09 pm »
Hello! I am not sure your reddit username so I  wasn't sure how to contact you! I built the deck! I couldn't decide between going all gold and building around the deck. I ended up going with the all gold deck. Here is the deck list that I made: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-11-19-ss/   That list also has a side board of cards I almost tossed in with it. I am very curious how it plays! -TBosler

Tbosler

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 02:10:17 pm »
Also in my mind I had Niv-Mizzet, Parun as the commander, but I think any of them work.

SpecialK2HZ

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 04:33:33 pm »
Hey!

I'm so glad you reached out, I left you a message on the thank you thread on Reddit but I'm glad you got me here.  I'm hoping to get some playtime with the deck soon!  I'm really excited to play this style of deck as it's not something I've really ever played even though I'm a HUGE fan of all things Red.  When I first picked up the deck and went through the cards I couldn't decide on the commander but after having more time with it and thinking I would definitely agree that Niv-Mizzet Parun is the way to go.  Until you said it I didn't even notice all the cards were gold!  I love the gold theme and I have a perfect shiny gold sleeve I'm going to put the commander in.  Thanks so much for taking the time to build this for me, I will report back as soon as I have the chance to play some games with it!

Tbosler

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 04:50:45 pm »
I wondered if you might have put a thank you there! I looked for it but not a great way to search for it and there is a large amount of comments on that thread.  You'll have to let me know how the play goes. I am excited to hear about it! I do think going away from the all gold theme might make it stronger if you are every looking for upgrades.  When I tested it the sticking point was getting the right amount of mana to cast Parun which might make one of the other legionaries "stronger"  but I really only got to pilot it once (before I made some land adjustments)

Tbosler

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 05:27:39 pm »
OH MY GOSH! Did I send a talisman of curiosity? CRAPPPP That is supposed to be creativity.....

SpecialK2HZ

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 04:54:06 pm »
Yeah you did :)  I'm rolling with it though as its still ramp in my eyes. I'm actually sleeving it up today but prob won't be able to play until next weekend.  Here is that card sleeve I was talking about.  https://imgur.com/a/NnKf0z3

Tbosler

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 05:56:05 pm »
Really sorry about that lol Not what I meant to send at all. If that wasn't obvious. I do love that sleeve though! You will have to tell me how it played.