deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [EDH / Commander] Urza, Lord High Artificer-Cheerios-Combo-EDH  (Lu 534 fois)

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Urza, Lord High Artificer-Cheerios-Combo-EDH
« Réponse #1 le: Décembre 09, 2019, 12:42:00 am »
Is Dramatic Scepter into Urza drawing your deck your only combo? That seems a little too easy to disrupt. Also, I would go a little lighter on the cheerios. Some of them work (Spellbook, Tormod's Crypt), some of them are a little questionable (Lodestone Bauble, Urza's Bauble), but some of them don't do anything for you without Urza (all of the equipments). I'll post my Urza deck for reference. It's a little different in strategy, because it uses stax, and the budget is a bit higher, but it might give you some ideas.

https://deckstats.net/decks/132279/1313088-urza-lord-high-staxman/en
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

ScornfulEgotistIsTheBest

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Décembre 09, 2019, 12:43:12 am »
Thanks for the advice! I will take a look.

ScornfulEgotistIsTheBest

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Décembre 09, 2019, 02:41:46 am »
For the record I have 3 infinite combos for mana. Also what do u suggest I take out?

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Décembre 09, 2019, 05:00:37 am »
Dramatic scepter + rocks, Karn + Voltaic Construct + big rock, Grand Architect + Pili-Pala, Tidespout Tyrant + Sol Ring + Cheerio? All of those except for dramatic scepter are mana intensive and hard to assemble (though dramatic scepter isn't very easy either without tutors). None of those are very hard to disrupt, and you rely on LabMan to win without something abusable like Blue Sun's Zenith to mill your opponents.

It's not necessarily a bad way to win, and most Urza decks rely on infinite mana into Urza's built-in Omniscience/Enter the Infinite combo, but it seems really slow here. Your average cmc is 2.95, but that's only because you're running FIFTEEN cheerios. That means you have to assemble one of your combos, get Urza out, and combo off, all without being disrupted and relying on things like Accorder's Shield to keep people off of you.

I would recommend cutting every cheerio that you wouldn't play without Urza. Things like spellbook can work because it works as a Reliquary Tower that gives you metalcraft and turns into a Mox Sapphire with Urza. Accorder's Shield is a bad equipment that gives you metalcraft and turns into a Mox Sapphire with Urza. See the difference? If Urza gets hit with a Darksteel Mutation or a Song of the Dryads, you want cards that will still be useful, otherwise one good removal or lockdown spell ruins a ton of your deck's power.

You should look into a strategy that will either slow down your opponents or give you a board presence. Cards like Karn, Scion of Urza will synergize well and give you threats, Lux Cannon is an artifact that works as slow removal (and lets you use infinite mana and your Voltaic Construct combo to blow up the entire board), and more counters or bounce spells would give you more interaction.

Hope this helps.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.