deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH/Commander] Scion Combo/Reanimator  (Read 583 times)

Slyvester12

• Decks
[EDH/Commander] Scion Combo/Reanimator
« on: December 17, 2019, 04:49:46 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/132279/1497031-optimized-scion/en

This is my Scion deck. I've recently finished upgrading my Ezuri elfball deck into a tweaked version of the Momir Vig Hackball cEDH list, and now I'd like to take some time upgrading my other favorite deck. I've had a version of this list since I first built it back in Scars of Mirrodin.

The basic idea is get Scion, tutor a combo, win. I've included a lot of reanimator effects and some value cards because I can either go for a T7 or so win, or just play dragon tribal against weaker decks and still have fun. I like the reanimator aspect since Scion is so good at entombing my dragons, but I'm open to suggestions for improving it.

Also, the mana base is pretty budget, but it gets the job done. I'm well aware of what lands I need to get in the future, and I'm working on it. For now, I'm mostly just interested in feedback on the rest of the deck.

Thanks.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: [EDH/Commander] Scion Combo/Reanimator
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 06:57:51 am »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 05:31:32 pm »
Is there any reason for not including the Worldgorger Dragon combo? You'd only need to add in a few cards to make it work, and they go well with the reanimator theme that you already have.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 07:54:23 am »
I had the Worldgorger Dragon combo, but it was a dead draw, and there are only a couple of ways in the deck to get cards out of my hand. I could always run Scroll Rack and other topdeck manipulation, but the deck currently runs pretty well without them.

Plateno

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 11:37:45 am »
Hello Slyvester12s and all EDH Fans,

i´m looking for ways to play Scion in turn 3 and still activate his ability 2 times for the first kill.

Turn 1: Mana Crypt, Forest, Cultivate
Turn 2: Land Fires of Invention, Kadama´s Reach
Turn 3: any Land, Scion, Lightning Greaves or  Dragon Tempest, attack, and use the MoltenSkittles Combo for example.

What do you thinking about it?

Greatings Plateno

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 07:54:45 pm »
I'm a little confused. Are you trying to reliably get Scion out turn 3 for a kill, or are you just asking for options? The scenario you laid out involves both cards I would never run in Scion and a perfect hand. If you're just looking for any Scion strategy that involves a turn 3 kill or win, you'd probably be better off with a Hermit Druid combo.

Plateno

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 05:35:53 pm »
Yes, i´m just searching for possible strategys to kill in turn 3.

I dont know the Hermit Druid combo. How could he help if he only gave me the revealed land card into my hand? Or is he just used to bring dragons into the graveyard and reanimate them?

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 05:48:41 pm »
Yes, i´m just searching for possible strategys to kill in turn 3.
This isn't a very likely event even for the best of decks.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 06:41:29 pm »
Yeah, it's just not reasonable to get Scion out and use it that early. There's just no way to reliably do it.

The Hermit Druid combo doesn't run any basic lands. You activate Hermit Druid, pitch your whole library, Narcomoeba comes into play, you unearth Fatestitcher, and flashback Dread Return targeting Necrotic Ooze. With Morselhoarder and Devoted Druid in the graveyard, you make infinite mana and use the Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius in the yard to kill everyone. This version of the deck runs Scion as a backup line to tutor for combo pieces.