deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Bolas Parade  (Read 551 times)

Tyrant187

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Bolas Parade
« on: January 04, 2020, 05:28:27 pm »
Bolas Parade

comments welcome to help improve

Nabantius

• There is always a greater power.
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Bolas Parade
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 03:49:53 am »
Demonic tutor or/and diabolic intent are better options that diabolic tutor and help you cut mana average, this is a mainly dragon oriented deck it will be hard to play your strong cards in you don't manage to tutor your stuff ashnod's altar and/or phyrexian altar could be good choice for mana ramp if you manage to produce more tokens to sacrifice, i know that im suggesting this cards and im guilty for not having it on my own deck but some how it's holding it self better that expected since my deck is more oriented towards control.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 03:52:42 am by Nabantius »
Nabantius

Nabantius

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 04:02:47 am »
Also i strongly recommend to have more card draw if possible, trying to get that value is rewarding on speed and reliability, instead od cruel ultimatum i recommend torment of hailfire. As a board wipe killing wave is great try to give then the option to end themselves its Also a good way to get rid of indestructible or protected creatures.
Nabantius

StrawBoom

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 04:33:13 am »
Personally I recommend Neheb, the Eternal. I've been building a similar deck and his aggressiveness helps push into the late game.

StrawBoom

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 04:39:18 am »

Nabantius

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 04:31:50 pm »
Dockside extortionist is good for ramp but probably is going to be good for one use unless he add various ways to blink or bounce all those ETBs wich it will be awesome since his part blue. I think i saw at least 12 cards with ETB trigger that could give you some crucial value.
Nabantius

2xT

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 02:20:25 am »
Nice flavorful deck! I believe it would benefit from more mana ramp. I would recommend adding cheap ramp cards (Izzet Signet, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Arcane Signet, Mind Stone), as well as higher CMC ramp cards (Chromatic Lantern, Gilded Lotus, Chandra, Torch of Defiance). Opt for mana ramp that gives you colored mana, since the deck is very color intensive.

I agree with Nabantius that ETB effects could be abused in this deck. Deadeye Navigator is the best flicker enabler in the UBR, Conjurer's Closet provides redundancy.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 09:55:10 am »
Brah, you can't pick and choose. If this is a nicol bolas deck, every nicol bolas goes in here.

Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas, Plansewalker
Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God
Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver
Nicol Bolas, the Ravager

I could've sworn there was another one, but I guess not.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Tyrant187

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 04:29:13 am »
thanks you everyone for the aid I intend on adding the dragon god and the signet ramp plus the hour of devastation  and scorpion / locust / scarab gods since the decks I normally play against have theros god cards

2xT

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 10:47:34 pm »
Have you tried out Sarkhan’s Triumph? It allows for a toolbox approach while deckbuilding.

Another card I’d suggest is Thunderbreak Regent, it’s relatively low-costed and provides some “protection” against spot removal.