deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Games that made you question your loyalty to Magic  (Read 1591 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: Games that made you question your loyalty to Magic
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 12:57:05 am »
So the other day, on turn 13 or 14, this kid casts Cyclonic Rift overloaded...and then has to go. He even made the comment that he'd seen his mom pull up five minutes beforehand.  >:(
I'm on a bus coming home from work and I laughed out loud to this. Sorry but why would anyone pull a stunt like that?! Also still laughing.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Games that made you question your loyalty to Magic
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 06:13:49 am »
So the other day, on turn 13 or 14, this kid casts Cyclonic Rift overloaded...and then has to go. He even made the comment that he'd seen his mom pull up five minutes beforehand.  >:(
I'm on a bus coming home from work and I laughed out loud to this. Sorry but why would anyone pull a stunt like that?! Also still laughing.

He most likely just wanted to have a big impact on the game since he saw his mother drive up and knew he wasn't going to get to finish. I totally understand that, having played MTG before I was of driving age, but I also can see why it would frustrate people.

I was playing Krenko against Yawgmoth and Zedruu. Zedruu is just giving out cards willy nilly. I built the deck so that you give cards like aggressive mining away, but nope, he is out here giving away his serra ascendant, arcane signet, EVEN HIS LANDS! Okay anyway, the game is mainly between me and Yawgy. We are racing as I have to bash his face in with a bunch of goblins before he gets his combo of undying creatures plus something like Zulaport cutthroat to negate Yawgy's life loss. Well, I cast wake of destruction targeting his swamp and blowing up all of his swamps. He is in black, what could he possibly have to prevent this from happening? Imp's Mischief, targeting my mountain. This is the second time this has happened to me. It is not fair. It is soooooooooooooooooooo not fair. I wanted to complain, but, I mean, I was about to do it to him. But still! My own card! Well I got him back later. I stole his cyclonic rift the next game with Gonti and then used it to wipe his board full of plansewalkers.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:26:43 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red