deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ith, High Arcanist & High Mana Cost  (Read 375 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Ith, High Arcanist & High Mana Cost
« on: March 11, 2020, 01:03:48 pm »
So a lot of people seem to have taken interest in my weird creation so I decided it's best to turn it into a community effort deck.

The idea is to attack with big creatures and either prevent them from taking damage or otherwise gain value from attacking. The mana costs of all things in this deck are humongous so I added 20 or so pieces of ramp at all points of the curve. I hope that's enough. It's probably not.

Any additions or changes you'd like to make? Post them here!

https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1576167-ith-high-mana-cost-and-never-t/en
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:20:59 pm by MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Ith, High Arcanist & High Mana Cost
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 01:38:34 pm »
So just to confirm, am I correct in thinking that the strategy is to attack with the creatures that have interesting or useful attack triggers, and use Ith as a safety net to protect them if they would die from this combat to allow you to then attack again next turn and get the triggers again?

Damn, MustaKotka. You're decks always seem to be the right level of jank-but-with-the-potential-to-actually-put-up-a-decent-fight, and this is no exception.

Great job man, deck looks sweet.

In terms of suggestions, depending on budget and stuff, getting the lands that do the same thing as Ith might be a nice back up plan. Maze of Ith (I mean, it is his maze after all), Labyrinth of Skophos etc. These should hopefully allow you to get attacking without having to wait until Ith is around.

Also, Fleet Swallower. That ridiculously large fish is just wonderful. Just a thought.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: Ith, High Arcanist & High Mana Cost
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 01:44:07 pm »
So just to confirm, am I correct in thinking that the strategy is to attack with the creatures that have interesting or useful attack triggers, and use Ith as a safety net to protect them if they would die from this combat to allow you to then attack again next turn and get the triggers again?

Damn, MustaKotka. You're decks always seem to be the right level of jank-but-with-the-potential-to-actually-put-up-a-decent-fight, and this is no exception.

Great job man, deck looks sweet.

In terms of suggestions, depending on budget and stuff, getting the lands that do the same thing as Ith might be a nice back up plan. Maze of Ith (I mean, it is his maze after all), Labyrinth of Skophos etc. These should hopefully allow you to get attacking without having to wait until Ith is around.

Also, Fleet Swallower. That ridiculously large fish is just wonderful. Just a thought.
That is indeed the plan, you got that right.

Budget is probably not a consideration as I will be playing this mostly online on one of the tabletop sims. I need to do some extra research on the lands because I kinda forgot they exist. Rogue's Passage is also likely a good addition. Maybe some other unblockable tools like Prowler's Helm and Whispersilk Cloak could be worth adding.

Fleet Swallower. Going in, this is silly. Rest in Piece for maximum annoyance. (Realistically not because I have no way of fetching it...)

EDIT: And thank you! I love weird and challenging concepts and this is one of the weirder ones. Have not seen another deck like this so I think it that by itself has some intrinsic value to it. I mean someone might get some ideas from these creations and maybe incorporate them in an actual deck that does a little bit more than this.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:46:53 pm by MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/