deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Krenko's Milkshake Brings All the Goblins to the Yard  (Read 669 times)

sachsybrad

• Decks
Krenko's Milkshake Brings All the Goblins to the Yard
« on: March 17, 2020, 11:26:29 pm »

Pure goblin tribal.  No Coat of Arms, but if i ever do get one it will be for this deck.  I give this deck to people who want to try to learn the game.  It's easy to grok, it's easy to pilot.  It's a great mono red tribe and a decent mono red deck.  It can run out of gas and that needs work.  I want to keep it goblin only creature-wise but what could help it keep on keepin' on? 
Just a guy trying to have an EDH deck in each color combo. Let me know what you think of them.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Krenko's Milkshake Brings All the Goblins to the Yard
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 01:17:50 am »
If you're running out of gas it means you need more card draw. There aren't a lot of good options in red but I use Idol of Oblivion, Skullclamp, Faithless Looting, Reforge the Soul, Wheel of Fate, and Chandra, Torch of Defiance.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 01:24:47 am by Morganator 2.0 »

HawaiianStyle1979

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 04:00:56 am »
Also put in Pashalik Mons; Ib Halfhearted, Goblin Tactician; Arms Dealer, Impact Tremors; Skirk Drill Sergeant; and Goblin Recruiter. Those should help get your deck running better.

sachsybrad

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 12:24:55 pm »

Pure goblin tribal.  No Coat of Arms, but if i ever do get one it will be for this deck.  I give this deck to people who want to try to learn the game.  It's easy to grok, it's easy to pilot.  It's a great mono red tribe and a decent mono red deck.  It can run out of gas and that needs work.  I want to keep it goblin only creature-wise but what could help it keep on keepin' on?
Just a guy trying to have an EDH deck in each color combo. Let me know what you think of them.

sachsybrad

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 12:50:14 pm »
Thanks a ton.  Those are great suggestions.  I've not really thought about this deck for a while and those could really spice things up. 

Bluefire2113

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 12:14:03 am »
Coercive portal is decent for mono red card draw

fuzzbox303

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 08:07:35 pm »
So bro, you're missing LOADS of cool stuff. Firstly, you need a plan b if everything goes pear-shaped. Either kikki conscripts or dualcaster twinflame combos will win you games out of the blue. You could also consider fork effects. You MUST play the following cards..... By force, shattering spree, chaos warp, red elemental blast, pyroblast, umbral mantle, sword of the paruns, thornbite staff, ricochet trap, ashnod's altar, thermopod, blood moon, price of glory. I could go on but you get the idea.

Krenko doesn't win by spewing as many goblins as you can from your hand, he wins by making infinite goblins with a sac outlet to ping everyone to death, or via infinite haste dudes. Honestly, I would only recommend playing the following creatures:

Dockside Extortionist
Goblin Bushwhacker
Goblin Chieftain
Goblin Chirurgeon
Goblin Engineer
Goblin Matron
Goblin Recruiter
Goblin Sharpshooter
Goblin Warchief
Goblin Welder
Imperial Recruiter
Moggcatcher
Ogre Battledriver
Pashalik Mons
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Simian Spirit Guide
Skirk Prospector
Thermopod
Treasonous Ogre

Krenko makes all the goblins you need dude!

Tuck9090

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 09:58:06 am »
I'd drop Dormant Volcano. It's strictly worse than a mountain.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 02:41:41 pm »
I'd drop Dormant Volcano. It's strictly worse than a mountain.
Just a little note, Dormant Volcano isn't strictly worse than a Mountain, just worse in a lot of ways. It is useful in a few ways, though: Effects that untap lands give double the mana for the price of one when untapping Dormant Volcano (not super relevant here), and it basically gives you an extra land drop because it takes the place of 2 lands (relevant here, as mono red has difficulty hitting land drops, so Dormant Volcano pseudo-giving an extra land drop could be important).

I agree that it should probably be cut, but I'm just letting you know what "strictly better/worse" means so you don't use it wrong. ;)