deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] [EDH] only Sliver old frame/style  (Read 469 times)

Taugenichts 1000

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] [EDH] only Sliver old frame/style
« on: March 20, 2020, 05:45:06 pm »
[EDH] only Sliver old frame/style

Hello,
this should be a sliver deck with only old frame cards (mtg cards until mirrodin).
Sliver deck with survival of the fittest engine (with genisis, entomb,squee, unearth..)
What should i cut (until 100 Cards)? What should i add? Is the mana base ok like it is? Should i focus on 2 or 3 colors?
I never played EDH or an 5 color deck before...

Thanks for help.

(this should not be a competetive EDH deck)

Glaurung

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] [EDH] only Sliver old frame/style
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 12:50:02 am »
You have too many lands to start with, you should be looking at 38 lands so cutting 5 would be a good idea. There are some low power cards even with your restrictions here, Astrolabe, Eldarami's Vineyard, mana prism, mana cylix, harsh mercy. These are all poor mana accel/fix. Replace with Nature's lore, skyshroud claim, llanowar elves, phyrexian lens, birds of paradise, carpet of flowers, mana vault, mana crypt.
Here are some further notes:
Missing Demonic tutor, anger, Gaea's Cradle, seedborn muse, phyrexian reclamation, wrath of god, ashnod's altar,
Missing Draw, Slate of Ancestry, Mystic Remora, phyrexian arena
Could add Earth Craft.. would require basics

Obviously I am suggesting more than to take out but the next place to look to take out would be towards the creatures (obviously still stick with a sliver theme here) and "nice but not necessary" things like karmic justice.
Why include Intruder Alarm, Alluren?

Glaurung

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] [EDH] only Sliver old frame/style
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 12:51:24 am »
Also you have intruder alarm and alluren both of which benefit the other player more than you in most cases