deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deck prices  (Read 566 times)

ZooStationStudios

• Decks
Deck prices
« on: July 29, 2021, 04:33:47 am »
Hi, my LGS is starting a Commander League with some price based deck building restrictions. We can only use Commanders that are printed at the uncommon rarity, and our total deck price needs to not exceed $150 including our commander but not including basic lands. The card value is determined by the cheapest printing of the card that exists in the market, not the value of the actual card in the deck. So, TLDR, I'm looking for a way to reliably value my deck accordingly so that I can comply and I want to use deckstats to do it because all my decks are here.

My situation is that I love using deckstats. It is so much more intuitive and faster than Archidekt (though Archidekt does look fantastic, entering cards is a royal pain). I have a tried a few others, but none even come close to the speed with which I can build and edit in deckstats. The proxy printing option is very helpful too. Organizing decks is really easy. Overall, I think its the best environment to deal with deck organization.

Here's my specifics: When I am entering cards by title without specifying printing, it seems that Deckstats will sometimes pick the cheapest available printing, and other times not pick the cheapest available printing. Example, I just created a working decklist for a build idea that included the card Tainted Pact. It chose the old version which costs like $70 rather than the strixhaven one that costs $8. I had to edit that manually. If I have to do that for every card then deckstats ceases being the easiest thing to use. So I don't want that. My request is to have a simple way to specify that we want the cheapest price available for a given card name in the deck. I mean, I would consider it super useful information to see the cheapest way to build something. Even if someone else built a deck with fancy printings, I'd like to be able to copy it and globally "strip" the set specifications from the cards in the deck and have them revert to the cheapest available printing. That'd be dead useful.

I'd also love it if the deck valuation could be broken down by the grouping used, for example, I often use custom folders to organize my deck views by card function, and when I look at overall valuation on the details page to examine prices and values, I can group by those custom sections or by card type or whatever, but there is only a grand total at the bottom of the list. A subtotal at the bottom of each grouping represented on the page, whether it is a custom section or one of the other options, would be fantastic.

Summary: Can you make deckstats reliably give me values based on the lowest market price of any printing available so that I can be confident that I am properly preparing to comply with my LGS league rules, and can you add subtotals of those prices for each group in the details page?

Thank you,
Zoo 

Nils

• Decks
Re: Deck prices
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 10:59:55 pm »
Thank you for your comments and your kind words! The prices you see on the Details tab are indeed the prices for the actual printings. However, the total given on the Overview tab is actually the cheapest price, regardless of the printings you selected. So hopefully this will already give you most of the information you need?

Alternatively, there is also a toggle for "Always show cheapest printing" in the Deckbuilder under Filters. This way you can make sure you always add the cheapest printing to your deck. However, keep in mind that prices get updated every day and the cheapest printing today might not be the cheapest printing tomorrow.

I can't promise that it will always be 100% the same as on other sites since they may be using slightly different price data, but if it says the deck is ~150 USD on the Overview tab it should be ~150 USD on other sites too.
Please contact the user “admin” or email [email protected] if you have any questions about Deckstats!

ZooStationStudios

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 06:09:58 pm »
What card condition are the prices on the overview page pulling from TCG? Is it Market price for Near Mint? Is there any way for us to specify that Deckstats pull the Market Price for Lightly Played from TCG? The reason I ask is thqt we have a $150 budget commander league at our LGS that uses the TCG Market Value of Lightly Played to price the cards in the deck for submission purposes. We have no easy way to track this at the moment, and it is going to prove to be a nightmare as people swap card out in their decks across the season. If we could specify those prices to be for Lightly played we could screen shot the overiew page and be golden for substitutions later.

Is this possible?

Thanks for a great site. I use it exclusively for my own deck building and love it.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 07:42:15 pm »
Hi, I'll close this topic as I have replied to your question here: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,63295.0.html
Please contact the user “admin” or email [email protected] if you have any questions about Deckstats!