deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Where to find Ikoria & C20 Previews  (Read 1034 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Where to find Ikoria & C20 Previews
« on: March 31, 2020, 07:22:01 pm »
Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths previews are almost upon us! And this time, they're monster size.

It can be a bit daunting to try to follow along with everything when everything is . . . So. Very. Big. But this page is going to be your guide.

This page will help you follow along with everything coming on every day by giving you the outlets we have planned on each day. The goal is to help you find what you're looking for every day and avoid engaging in leaks (which hopefully don't happen [knock on wood]) if you so choose.

Below, you'll find a list of dates as well as any outlets previewing a card on that date. Once the previews are live, we'll update this very article so that you can easily find previews once they're up. If the link simply goes to the front of a website or social media site, that means they probably haven't previewed the card yet.

Tune in April 2 at 7 a.m. PT/10 a.m. ET/2 p.m. UTC to Twitch.tv/magic as we kick things off  with a MASSIVE debut moment, includuing the worldwide debut of the Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths trailer!

But wait! There's more! Monster-size previews over just eight days means you're getting so very much more every day—including a Commander Weekend!

You see, this is really two preview seasons in one—Ikoria and Commander 2020. So you're going to start seeing Commander previews starting on April 3. Then April 4–5 are all Commander, all the time. On April 6, we'll start getting back to regular Ikoria previews, but throughout the day starting first thing in the morning (pacific time, at least), we'll have five of our biggest Commander channels showing off the full decklists of all five of the decks!

And if you just want to see all the cards that have been officially previewed in one place, you can always check out our Card Image Gallery and our bonus Variants Card Image Gallery (which contains alternate versions of Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths cards). Note that the CIGs aren't published as of the posting of this article but will be updated every morning starting Friday, April 3, so they will contain all cards previewed the previous day (and earlier), but not the day of. For the most up-to-date listings, you can check this page!

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/where-find-ikoria-and-c20-previews-2020-03-31

This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Where to find Ikoria & C20 Previews
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 07:30:10 pm »
Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths previews are almost upon us! And this time, they're monster size.
So you're going to start seeing Commander previews starting on April 3. Then April 4–5 are all Commander, all the time.

Ughhhhh, 3 more days. At least we'll have the commander decklists by next Monday. Still, ughhhh.

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 08:42:05 am »
Kind of surprised they're doing a few days of the set, then commander over the weekend, and then more of the set in the new week. I'm sure it will be obvious and probably helps that the guide outlines it, but I imagine a more casual player might get confused who only sees the odd spoiler.

Here's hoping we see some really great cards in both.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 03:44:28 pm »
It feels like the past week of us waiting for spoilers has already lasted a month!
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 04:14:25 pm »
Trailer should start in about 2 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/magic
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 04:43:50 pm »
Anyone else watch it?
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 04:52:47 pm »
Yea I managed to catch it. Not sure how I felt about it to be honest. Doesn't look like my kind of set personally. I'm more of an Innistrad kind of guy.

That said, I thought the same about Eldraine and actually enjoyed that draft environment way more than I thought I would.

Commander deck face cards didn't excite me much. Might go in for the cycling one if the rest of the deck is decent. I love me some cycling. Mardu getting shafted with another go wide commander rather than aristocrats too. Maybe we'll get lucky with one of the secondaries.

What did you think?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 05:01:11 pm »
I'm kind of ehh on it. Mutate looks ok I guess.

I kind of like the ability counters, but the commander from the precons for that doesn't really interact with the other cards with it so IDK about that one.

I'm not sure how Companion will work with commander. See below I don't see it making much impact in Commander outside of the one that's already banned.

An ehh set overall that I will not buy a box of, a definite "buy in singles set" to me.

ETA- per the Mechanics article, the companion card will be a 101st card for your deck.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 10:41:12 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 06:46:49 pm »
Mardu getting shafted with another go wide commander rather than aristocrats too. Maybe we'll get lucky with one of the secondaries.
It's a tough life out here. Are we sure these are the face commanders? Otrimi and Kathril definitely seem like secondaries to me. Also, Kathril seems boring. We just got Rayami, First of the Fallen last year. Yawn.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 06:48:18 pm »
It said on the video after the trailer they were the face cards from what I remember.
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 06:50:30 pm »
Awww. Dangit. Let's hope the decks have some good reprints, guys.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 07:37:14 pm »
The more of this set I see, the more "ehh" I am on it.
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 07:39:21 pm »
Awww. Dangit. Let's hope the decks have some good reprints, guys.

Well they said these commander products have the most new cards they've ever done in a commander product so there's minimal slots for reprints. Let's hope they're good ones.

And they printed K'rrik last year so there is the odd banger in the new cards too.

An exciting weekend coming up, that's for sure. Let's hope it's not a disappointing one too.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 07:40:07 pm »
What was it they said? 17 new cards in each of the 5 decks?

This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 07:47:53 pm »
What was it they said? 17 new cards in each of the 5 decks?

Yea that the number I had in my head too, so if we both thought it it's likely true. I mean, I could probably check but who needs accuracy when I can speculate based on my own shitty memory.