deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ikoria Spoilers  (Read 9836 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Ikoria Spoilers
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2020, 06:27:17 pm »

Akim, the Soaring Wind
2URW
Legendary Creature - Bird Dinosaur
Flying

Whenever you create one or more creature tokens for the first time each turn, create a 1/1 white Bird creature token with flying.

3URW: Creature tokens you control gain Double Strike until end of turn.
3/4

"Capricopio"
XG
Creature - Goat Hydra
Capricopio enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters.

2: Put a +1/+1 counter on Capricopio. Choose another player that Capricopio is now attacking. A player may only activate this ability during declaration of attacks and if they are being attacked by Capricopio.
0/0
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2020, 07:21:47 pm »
So did we get a Mardu commander that's a free sacrifice outlet?

I like the abilities, but they feel a little overcosted. If both were 1 mana less, I'd be a lot more excited. Nonetheless, this seals it. I'm buying the Mardu one. I'm planning to convert Alesha into Human Aristocrats with these 2 at the helm. I'm brewing right now. Props to Wizards, I love all these new partner commanders. None are broken & all invite deckbuilding creativity. Seems I'm not alone!

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2020, 07:29:52 pm »
So is anybody paying attention to the names that these cards have in the Deckstats spoiler? Because I have, and some of the names are hillarious. My favorites include:

"Obosh, with the Leggies"
"Learning Social Distancing"
"What's Kraken"

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2020, 07:34:24 pm »

Barracuda of the Tide
3U
Creature - Fish
Any player may cast spells as though they had flash.

Your opponents cannot cast spells during your turn.
3/4

Plus Command Tower, Commander's Sphere, and Sol Ring reprints.

Regular set

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:51:45 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2020, 08:03:22 pm »
So did we get a Mardu commander that's a free sacrifice outlet?

I like the abilities, but they feel a little overcosted. If both were 1 mana less, I'd be a lot more excited. Nonetheless, this seals it. I'm buying the Mardu one. I'm planning to convert Alesha into Human Aristocrats with these 2 at the helm. I'm brewing right now. Props to Wizards, I love all these new partner commanders. None are broken & all invite deckbuilding creativity. Seems I'm not alone!

I'm into it. Partners seems sweet. 2 out of 3 building blocks in your command zone. I agree that 4 and 5 cmc is more than I'd like, but they are easily the best option for Mardu aristocrats. The cat is basically a roided up Falkenrath Aristocrat and that's just great.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2020, 08:09:09 pm »

"Lavabrink Adventurer"
2W
Creature - Human Soldier
When Lavabrink Adventurer enters the battlefield, choose odd or even. (Zero is even.)

Lavabrink Adventurer has protection from the chosen converted mana costs.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2020, 08:09:49 pm »
Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. I actually proxied a Regna, the Redeemer & Krav, the Unredeemed a while ago and found it fun. They were just too expensive mana wise, and getting boardwiped was just too backbreaking. There are a lot of fantastic cards for Human Aristocrats already printed (Angel of Glory's Rise & Xathrid Necromancer, for example) and it will only get better.

Dibs on the primer, CleanBelwas ;D :P

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2020, 08:26:44 pm »
Zaxara, the Exemplary goes straight infinite with Pemmin's Aura and Freed from the Real, because he taps for two of any colour and both enchantments require one blue activation. I already built an untapper tribal based around this property with additional ways to go infinite. Sultai is one heck of a colour combination with access to green ramp, blue untappers and black tutors. Blue and green tutors are pretty good, too. Straight better than my MRB, pretty sure. If Simic is broken then so is Sultai.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2020, 09:07:27 pm »
Selective Adaptation looks really good for Rayami, First Of The Fallen. It's RNG, sure, but payoff could be nice.

Xyris, The Writhering Storm looks cool. I still think the sultai partners are at the top of my list, but Xyris comes pretty close.

The Locust God reprint seems fair. It can go right into Xyris to double down on the token strategy via card draw. I just wish it had new art, but I do have a Masterpiece one so I doubt new art would replace that for me.

I know we haven't seen the full set, but curious at a quick glance what people think.

For Ukkima & Cazur, would you go a more dedicated voltron route? Or look to sprinkle in auras (like Alpha Status) and equipment (like Stoneforge Masterwork) and take it into a wolf token strategy? I guess the voltron style would consistently buff Ukkima with guaranteed stats versus trying to keep a bunch of wolf tokens around, but the token strat would leave blockers behind so you can swing Ukkima without a care.

Kind of creating a short list for both ideas and seeing what looks better while I wait for more spoilers (and something that might make me drop everything to brainstorm about it instead).

Or copy Ukkima with things like Blade of Selves and Rite of Replication.  Even better when you play in a group bigger than 4.  Throw in Vela the Night Clad for extra damage.

Hmm. I guess a strategy involving constantly cloning Ukkima and letting the copies die could be a third option.

I guess a fourth option is bouncing/flickering Ukkima. Damn, so many options that it could be easy to lose focus on what to do if trying to add all in.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:27:30 pm by HowlingLotus »
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2020, 11:45:17 pm »

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:58:25 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2020, 03:49:51 pm »

Regular set...

"In One Bite"
W
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast this spell, tap an untapped creature you control.

Exile target tapped creature. Put a +1/+1 counter on the creature tapped to cast this spell.
"The world is a better place with one less poacher in it."
- Winota, hearbonder

"Evasion Protocol"
1U
Enchantment
Whenever you cycle a card, you may pay 1. If you do, exile target creature or artifact you control then return it to the battlefield under it's owner's control.

Cunning Nightbonder
[U/B][U/B]
Creature - Human Rogue
Flash

Spells you cast with flash cost 1 less to cast and can't be countered.
2/2
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:13:19 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2020, 05:11:46 pm »
Regular set

"Savai Thunderlion"
RW
Creature - Elemental Lion
Whenever you cycle a card, you may 2. If you do, Savai Thunderlion deals 2 damage to target creature and you gain 2 life.
Illus. Svetlin Velinov   3/2
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2020, 05:18:48 pm »
Here's the decklist to the Sultai deck, "Enhanced Evolution": https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/enhanced-evolution-2020-04-06

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2020, 06:14:54 pm »

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 06:23:27 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2020, 06:37:35 pm »
Neat, we're getting a "story" through a couple cards with the human and dinosaur. Nice little touch and some focus away from all the big monsters for a moment.

I'm also enjoying the amount of cats we're getting. I figured we'd get some dinosaurs, but not to the degree we have seen so far. Both pleasant surprise.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.