deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Companion deck-building challenge  (Read 6215 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Companion deck-building challenge
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 07:20:22 pm »
The rules of the competition explicitly say you shouldn't edit the deck once you've submitted it.
So use the fucking original one then. Mustakofta = Absolute Bellend
Hey I wasn't trying to be mean. I apologize for pointing that out, I just figured you'd accidentally skipped a word or a sentence. It happens, last time around I didn't catch a rule, so no need to call me names, ok?

I think that was a little uncalled for, Kalaxis. I would understand being a little peeved at Musta (as you did say it somewhat bluntly) but that definitely wasn't warranted.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:36:49 pm by WizardSpartan »

Kalaxis

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 07:22:17 pm »
Yeah sure whatever  -_-

paramerius

• I want both my kidneys, so budget for life!
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 09:09:42 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/134672/1615978-ur-dragon-tribe-has-a-companio

Soooooooo, i like the idea of WUBRG decks and i think everyone like to throw dragons left and right. Especially in a budget deck. Jank-yes, simple-yup, fun-probably.
I want both my kidneys, so budget for life!

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 10:45:03 pm »

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2020, 11:03:23 pm »
I would like to give this challege a try. I adjusted my Sapling of Colfenor anyway to make use of Umori. So I removed the 2 enchantments and one artifact  that had gotten into the deck i have played a few times. It's not very strong, but it is fun to play.

The plan is to get advantage by repeated attacks with the commander to 'draw' as many creatures as possible to overwhelm the board. There is some control, even boardwipes on a stick....

But Sapling of Colfenor and Imori, the collector have so much synergy, it would be a miss to not give it a try.

https://deckstats.net/decks/104951/1168203-sapling-of-colfenor-umori-the-/en

TropicalBoi

• Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2020, 11:16:33 pm »
This is my deck. Ft. Obosh, I had trouble with it at first but I figured it out. The removal options are hard to find with limitations on CMC. I went with a Voltron Zurgo, when originally trying out Vial Smasher and Tymna, but in playtesting it would really work quite right. Hope you enjoy it! Also, This deck is on a $50-$60 Budget, so keep that in mind.

https://deckstats.net/decks/130688/1614086-zurgobosh
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:22:32 pm by TropicalBoi »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 11:16:43 pm »
I didn't think it was necessary to mention any of this in the first post, but I'll take a moment to do it now.

This thread is for contest submissions, and later on contest judging and post-contest discussion. It is not to be used for posting updates to decks, or for posting more than one deck.
For that you can use the Commander Deck Reviews forum. Each person can submit only one deck for this challenge.

I'm also going to remind everyone to be respectful to others. It is one of the rules of Deckstats, and also just common courtesy. There is no need to lash out and insult anyone.

MagicAF

• Decks

KnightLight57

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2020, 11:36:40 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/53988/1617302-sisay-and-jegantha-s-legendary

I've always been a fan of tutors as commanders, and the mana from Jegantha lets Sisay be activated much more often. Without any huge blowout combos, it's more of just a value-based gameplan, often relying on tutoring up the perfect legendary for the board state and waiting until the incremental advantage tips in your favor.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2020, 12:22:13 am »
I made a Kaheera deck full of cats and swords. I am worried that there are too few creatures.

https://deckstats.net/decks/99624/1617372-kaheera-cats-and-equipment

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 12:26:18 am »
I just want to say I love the Sapling of Colfenor and Zurgo Helmsmasher decks. Especially Sapling, I might build that myself. I like that it turns the downside of Umori into basically an upside in terms of consistency with Sapling.

EDIT: Instead of double posting, I'll just add onto this post. Morg, would you be okay with me deleting my current submission and submitting a new deck? If you're worried, it wouldn't be similar whatsoever to any of the previous submissions, so I couldn't be accused of copying someone else's idea. I did some testing of both my current submission and the newer idea of mine, and I like the new deck a lot more than Gyruda. It's still a while before submissions are due, would that be okay?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 01:00:13 am by WizardSpartan »

chemist13

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 02:59:38 am »
I started playing Magic a year or two ago, and I'm still "ok" at the game. I first liked Zirda, but I didn't think I could make it work. Then this idea popped into my head. I like Persistent Petitioners and I wanted to create an obscure deck, using them. then I thought, "Hey! Gyruda mills cards, and lets me resurrect my petitioners, and they have CMC 2! OH MY GOSH!" I think this may be the worst deck ever, but hey, it'll be fun to play. The strategy is to overwhelm with Persistent Petitioners, and counter spells (the 5 that are in there) that threaten them. That way I may mill the opponent fast, or go wide if necessary.

So anyway, here's my deck:
https://deckstats.net/decks/154044/1617466-companion-challenge-gyurda-per?lng=en

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2020, 03:01:23 pm »
I just want to say I love the Sapling of Colfenor and Zurgo Helmsmasher decks. Especially Sapling, I might build that myself. I like that it turns the downside of Umori into basically an upside in terms of consistency with Sapling.

Thanks, it's a deck I already have, and have ready, with the exception of Umori. It could be better with other creatures, but that would be an expensive upgrade. But I am definitely going to add Umori. I had the deck altered (i had three non creatures in there for carddraw) when she was spoiled. But now with Nylea, Keen-eyed and her, there is some ramp i didn't have before. 

My first test with the deck were okay. Not great. But as I said it's a lot of fun. If I can have a Dryad Greenseeker and a courser of kruphix on the battlefield I can manage land cards out of the way. It happened once, and then i get a card and a land per turn (for only two turns :( , I was quickly regarded as the most dangerous player. That also says something about my playgroup, but but nice anyway.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 03:03:30 pm by paulusdeboself »

terminalgeek

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2020, 09:23:23 pm »
Had the realization that a lot of the big mutate guys share creature types and have only one mana of each type... so this seemed like a logic choice for just jamming them all together for fun.

https://deckstats.net/decks/127270/1618236-morophon-s-mutating-beasts/en

iqs

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2020, 09:52:01 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/10425/1618344-karlov-of-the-ghost-council-lu

A low cmc take on the Karlov lifegain deck mixed with hatebears. It has a lot of recursion with Lurrus as the companion and the usual Orzhov goodstuff.
I went with landhate because if you are low on lands, everybody should be. Low land count should be enough for all the low cost cards in the deck.

Sadly Karlov and Ayli are the only commanders to support Lurrus as a companion.