deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Scarab God "Control" PRIMER  (Read 4315 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Scarab God "Control" PRIMER
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 04:42:51 am »
Let me just adjust this a little bit.

Pros:
Is a creature so can be reanimated with Scarab God of if milled/discarded.
Is a Zombie zombie
Lets you reanimate without exiling
Can be activated at instant-speed (like the Scarab God)
Can target any graveyard (like the Scarab God)
Doesn't have a tap symbol, so summoning sickness doesn't matter
Can tap itself as it is a zombie
Ability only requires bodies and no mana
Can be used to reanimate Scarab God before the end step when he goes back to hand

Cons:
6cmc for a 3/3 is a bad rate
Dies to bolt (if not "Eternalized") Not really a downside. No one uses Lighting Bolt in commander, as there is just better removal out there.
5 zombies is quite a lot of zombies outside of a dedicated tribal build
Why would I eternalize this when I can spend the 4 mana on a non-redundant creature?

This guy does what The Scarab God does. So when given the choice of going for this creature or a control play like Notion Thief it's an easy call. Its the same problem I tend to have with creatures like Hedron Crab and Shepherd of Rot that don't give an immediate benefit; I'll only bring them out if I don't end up spending that mana on something else first.

If is sounds like I'm speculating, it's because I am. I would really have to try this card out before I can conclude if it's a good pick or not. It's on the test list. I may swap out Liliana for this guy if all goes well.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 03:11:49 pm »
Just a quick question: Reality Ripple. It could save some important tokens of yours from board wipes, destruction etc. What's your take on it?
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 04:38:10 pm »
Just a quick question: Reality Ripple. It could save some important tokens of yours from board wipes, destruction etc. What's your take on it?

A run-of-the-mill counterspell can do all of that and more.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 10:37:39 am »
Commander Legends brought a number of changes for this deck. I've removed Liliana, Death's Majesty, Loyal Subordinate, Mindcrank, Sheoldred, Whispering One, and Worn Powerstone. In their place, I've added in Court of Cunning, Eligeth, Crossroads Augur, Hullbreacher, Opposition Agent, and Sphinx of the Second Sun.