deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Neheb, the Eternal ------ Mono-Red Big Mana Burn (Primer)  (Read 2886 times)

Rinzler

• Decks
Neheb, the Eternal ------ Mono-Red Big Mana Burn (Primer)
« on: May 04, 2020, 04:56:48 pm »

My first primer!  Tell me if I messed up on spelling or anything, because I kinda rushed through the end of this.  Also, please tell me more of what to include in the exclusions. Thanks!

https://deckstats.net/decks/146412/1519494-neheb-the-eternal-primer-#show_description

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 09:18:27 pm by Rinzler »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Neheb, the Eternal ------ Mono-Red Big Mana Burn (Primer)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 12:45:54 am »
As per your request I have some suggestions. Mostly just cards to include in the discussion portion. There are some spelling and grammar mistakes, but I think you should make these adjustments first, then fix spelling last.

Rinzler

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 02:39:42 am »
Wow, I really don't know why I thought I could do that with the dual mana cards.  Well, that's embarrassing.  Lightning Greaves was on the border of being included, and that pushed it over the edge, so I'll put that in.  Cavern of Souls is definitely worth including, and will replace a mountain.  I feel like actual combat is a bit of an afterthought here, but Generator Servant feels ahead of Hall of the Bandit Lord because you aren't spending 3 life on a haste creature when you really don't need it, whereas the generator servant lets you power Neheb out earlier.  I already put in Fall of the Titans before reading this, and it definitely deserved a slot.  Chandra's Ignition is 5 mana to make 12 mana, ideally.  The board wipe is an added bonus, but cards like Flamebreak do the job better, even if it produces a few less mana, it will net you about the same amount.  A card that would go in before this is Breath of Darigaaz.  In fact, I think I'll include that.  Loreseeker's Stone is a nice way to get you to draw cards, although I think Staff of Nin would work about the same here while giving you mana.  I like Rogue's Gloves and Mask of Memory, however, and I think those will find a place here unless I see something better.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:14:54 pm by Rinzler »

Rinzler

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 07:20:39 pm »
Ok, so I've made a bunch of changes, made the draw better, and did some other stuff to just make it run smoother, like taking out the high cmc damage doublers.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 04:08:28 pm »
You've worked hard on this primer.  I've moved it to the official primers forum.

Rinzler

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 01:20:42 am »
This is just an update to everyone that I'm going to be giving my opinions on cards from each new set in the "Changelog" section of the primer, starting with Kaldheim.  If I miss any cards that you like and think might fit, feel free to drop a comment!

Thanks for all the attention it has been getting recently :)

krichaiushii

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 01:07:23 am »
Monored is life.  Seeing Acidic Soil and Price of Progress in a deck always makes me smile.

I'm partial to Winds of Change, and to a lesser extent, Teferi's Puzzle Box as draw.  While you typically do not come out ahead, you do end up with a new hand.

Best of all is how a turn 1 Winds of Change can make some people immediately scoop - especially if they have been sculpting their hand with generous mulligan rules.

Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar can be funny with Neheb.

What about Court of Ire, or would this deck lose monarch to easily?

Rinzler

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 11:31:48 pm »
Haha I love those two. :)

mm yeah, I think that winds of change could be nice, and maybe I'll check it out instead of something like faithless looting, but teferi's puzzle box kinda turns me off. It goes off a bit too often for my tastes.

Kess could work well, but I think that focusing on non-commander damage is best for me, and if you want to throw it in and have a more commander-focused deck, I'm all for it.  I just don't want to make the deck more commander-focused than it already is, and don't want to take out other cards, because i am terrrrrible at making swaps in my decks lol.

In this deck, Court of Ire seems a bit too defensively focused for this deck, especially when there aren't very many good blockers(or even attackers) to maintain monarch for an amount of time that would help us.  Besides, it helps us stay under the radar until we blow everything up in a turn.

I'm really sorry for the late reply, I don't check this post nearly as often as I should.  Thank you!