deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

Pick what deck(s) you like the best 2 votes per person

Syr Konrad's Merry Go Round (Bonethor)
2 (13.3%)
Whisper Blood Liturgist Self Mill/Reanimator (WizardSpartan)
2 (13.3%)
Grumgully's Goons (Robort)
0 (0%)
Basic Bitch Zada (Morgantor)
1 (6.7%)
Raff's Historic Voyage (Firegriff)
2 (13.3%)
Dovin UW Pauper (MonteTribal)
2 (13.3%)
Tatyova Pauper (WWolfe)
3 (20%)
Ally Pauper (Collinstc)
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 26, 2020, 10:20:27 pm

Author Topic: The Pauper Commander Contest  (Read 1960 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
The Pauper Commander Contest
« on: May 12, 2020, 10:37:43 pm »
Lets try this again....

Your commander has to be a Legendary Uncommon of course (and common if one so chooses) and your deck can only consist of commons and uncommon cards. It will run starting now until till the 24th of May 12 pm (EST). Then the community can vote. Voting will be done after the contest is done. Morgantor will make a voting section and results will be shown after voting is completed

Please when submitting your deck to give a description about the deck. Any questions? , if not then get to brewing and enjoy yourselves.
Also once you've submitted a deck in this thread it can't be edited and resubmited. So make sure edits are done before submission.

Normal Commander has its own ban list, but every card listed is rare so they don't matter in Pauper Commander.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: The Pauper Commander Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 10:54:58 pm »
-_- You deleted the old thread so I have to rewrite my post. Ugh. I'll do it later lol.

iqs

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 01:55:26 am »
Karakas could be relevant and is an uncommon. So normal commander banlist?
Edit: Also are mtgo only uncommons and commons allowed? Eg. Legendary Creatures from Legends.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:57:27 am by iqs »

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 02:02:52 am »
The online common list was unified with paper for pauper. Not sure if uncommons got the same treatment.
ased on Robort's post is seems like there is no banlist. There is no banlist on the mtg wiki either, although that does not include any uncommons

Normal Commander has its own ban list, but every card listed is rare so they don't matter in Pauper Commander.

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Pauper_Commander
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 02:08:23 am by MonteTribal »

Bonethor

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 04:26:48 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/108636/1374631-syr-konrad-s-merry-go-round

Hey, so here's my entry; one uncommon Commander and rest have been printed as commons at least somewhere.

The gameplan here is to use cycling and sacrifice effects to get an engine going for Syr Konrad.

First turns are spent smoothing out the draws and gathering value. Eventually one should have bunch of creatures in the graveyard that allow for heavy life loss with
cards like Forever Young and Gravepurge if Syr Konrad is out. Phyresis is especially nasty on our commander, since one decent pile and possibly a couple of activations
are all it takes to poison people out. Horror of the Broken Lands can also do some damage with Restless Dreams, even though it's even more insane with the commander if you're
discarding creatures and also fetching them out at the same time.

If everything else fails there's always the plan to beat face. Silumgar Scavenger can grow to a decent size with sacrifices and there are other flying creatures in the deck as well.
Possibly some of the unearth mobs might also surprise unprepared enemies. Three of the cards have transmute on them, so those can be used to tutor up Forever Young / Phyresis,
one of the good 4 drops (like Pestilence) or Gary.

Land count is quite low but with all the draw options and by knowing when to mull it should turn out fine. Average CMC is also a bit higher than in "reality" since many of the cycling spells
aren't meant to be hardcast early.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 06:30:03 pm »
Let's try this again.

https://deckstats.net/decks/120669/1639497-whisper-blood-liturgist-self-m/en
So my deck is a Whisper, Blood Liturgist Aristocrats/Reanimator deck. I chose Whisper because I'm a major fan of the flavor of the card. The name, the art, the flavor text, all very, very cool. Also, there's a lot of cool design space with Whisper's abilities. He is a free, albeit limited, sac outlet with a very powerful effect.

So, how did I build it? Well, I'm a fan of "do-nothing" engines that generate incremental value (anybody remember Josh's Uro deck from Game Knights?), and Whisper is perfect for that. For example, cards like Sling-Gang Lieutenant & Weaponcraft Enthusiast feed into one another. Play Enthusiast, sac Enthusiast and a token to get something back from graveyard. Later, play Lieutenant, sac Lieutenant and a token to get back Enthusiast. Then, I can just loop those to get more and more tokens. Additionally, I can fill in the loop with card advantage (Phyrexian Rager), more mana (Pawn of Ulamog), repeatable removal (Meteor Golem, Ravenous Chupacabra), self-mill to get more options in the gy (Stinkweed Imp), drain opponents out (Blood Artist, Gray Merchant of Asphodel), or can just win the game with Thornbite Staff. Lastly, I can sac a couple tokens for a free Pathrazer of Ulamog out of the gy.

This deck is a lot of fun to play. Enjoy!

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 12:35:03 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/52552/1641465-grumgully-s-goons

This is a rummage combo deck. Drawing your deck while looking for the combo pieces. Reusing stuff from your graveyard to continually rummage.

1sr piece and 3 cards fit first piece (Grumgully the commander, Rhythm of the Wild, and Renata). Giving a +1 +1 counter to a creature that enters the battlefield

2nd Piece is a sac outlet (Blasting Station, Spawning Pit, Ashnod's Altar, Thermopod, and goblin bombardment) The Altar and Pod give mana while the station and bombardment do infinite damage, pit makes tokens.

3rd piece is the creatures you are sacrificing to do the combo. (They are Aerie Ouphes, Lesser Masticore, and Scuzzback Marauders)

With the persist and +1 +1 counters they will cancel each other out.

The 4th piece and added bonus to the combo are (impact tremors and  Anax, Hardened in the Forge) Impact tremors is hey why not go overkill or you have the infinite mana combo going on. Anax can get you infinite tokens with any of the combos and if you are using the infinite mana combo and have anax along with some type of haste enabler.

If there are any of the pieces of the combo in the graveyard, plenty of cards to pull them out of the graveyard to make sure you can get any piece of your combos.

Pingers that do damage when you cast an instant or sorcery while you rummage through the deck looking for your combos.
Some regular creatures just to keep some pressure on your opponents along with blockers to keep opponents at bay.

A couple of tutors to help find your persist creatures.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:50:53 am by robort »

Bonethor

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 12:58:03 am »
Don't both of you WizardSpartan and robort have more uncommons than allowed in those decks? Robort even has Ezuri's Predation there which doesn't seem pauper legal according to gatherer and has only been printed once in a commander product..?

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 01:09:52 am »
your deck can only consist of commons and uncommon cards.
There is no limit on the number of uncommons, but you are right about Ezuri's Predation. It has only been printed at rare.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 01:29:36 am »
your deck can only consist of commons and uncommon cards.
There is no limit on the number of uncommons, but you are right about Ezuri's Predation. It has only been printed at rare.
Easy fix, thought I was thoroughly was paying attention. See what thought gave me. All fixed and yes deck can consist of commons and uncommon cards. There is no specific amount of each kind.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:53:31 am by robort »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 02:16:31 am »
New discovery: If you remove all the rares and mythics from a Zada, Hedron Grinder deck... you still have a functional Zada deck. It changed nothing except for the loss of Possibility Storm.

https://deckstats.net/decks/82803/1641521-basic-bitch-zada/en

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 04:20:55 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/75927/1641564-raff-s-historic-voyage?revision=0&source=js_embed&embed_version=v3

Utilize Raff's ability to make an artifact Army (and some Legends) flash into play when needed.  Allows infinite Ornithopter, Memnite, etc loop on opponents' turns.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 04:08:57 pm »
Here is my entry. Uncommon Commander and 99 commons.

My rendition of UW flicker. Lots of interaction and synergy between cards.

https://deckstats.net/decks/99624/1641427-dovin-uw-pauper-edh

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 08:03:45 pm »
Only 1 of the 99 is uncommon (Temple of the False God), the rest are all common.

Create infinite mana.

* Archaeomancer/Mnemonic Wall/Salvager of Secrets+ Peregrine Drake + Displace/Ghostly Flicker.

Win con once you have infinite mana.

* Once you've displayed infinite mana, equip Fleetfeather Sandals to Archaeomancer/Mnemonic Wall/Salvager of Secrets to give it haste, then equip Viridian Longbow, ping your opponent, bounce the equipped creature & Peregrine Drake with Displace/Ghostly Flicker resetting the creature to continue pinging the table.

(depending on your library size, you can potentially mill out at least one opponent with Thought Scour...once you display infinite mana, switch to Thought Scour as your recursion target, just be careful not to mill yourself with the card draw)

I really wanted to find a way to weaponize the lifegain as well but was unsuccessful.

https://deckstats.net/decks/6217/1639321-tatyova-pauper

edited to clarify win-con.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 08:15:36 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

collinstc

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 11:36:15 pm »
https://deckstats.net/deck-21536960-aeef9043b667c534a7ea778b8a8856bf.html

I've always wanted to put a goblin deck together and I love copying spells. Zada wow! This deck will make your opponents scared when you attack because they don't know how big your creatures are going to be. Otherworldly is in there for board wipes, if you have it in your hand, save 1 red back, so you can cast it on a wipe. The Urza's lands I had lying around just waiting for a red deck to through them in. The card draw gets insane at times which helps find all those cards you need for defense or offense. I've played the deck 5 of the 6 times, by turn 5-7, doing 40 damage on person with instants piling up.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:11:46 pm by collinstc »