deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Wolf Tribal  (Read 504 times)

Jedimasterben

• Decks
Wolf Tribal
« on: May 15, 2020, 09:45:30 pm »

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Wolf Tribal
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 10:02:59 pm »
Temple of the False God seems a little greedy if you ask me. before you hit the 5 land treshhold its a dead land drop and with only 31 lands it won't be that easy to get 4 others on the board.

besides that, what about some enchantment/artifact removal like Nature's Claim, Return to Nature or Disenchant? they might not fit the tribal theme, but could be very useful. Otherwise cards like Lightmine Field could break your neck.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Jedimasterben

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 03:15:50 pm »
Thanks for your input.   ;D I took your advice and added some more artifact and enchantment interaction as well as do some tweaking to the mana base. Even though it is tribal I would like it to be able to hold up against most decks in the 6-7 and maybe 8 range.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 04:44:56 pm »
Could you give some context for the numbers you're using? It's all well and good to say "I'd like this to be able to fight an 8," but what are you calling an 8?

https://deckstats.net/decks/132279/1577597-ezuri-elfball-combo-primer/en

That's what I'd call an 8. It's sub-cEDH, but I'd put it against anything else and be confident I could put up a fight. However, you might think this is a 10, or a 6, for that matter.

What are the decks in your playgroup, what is your budget, and what are you willing to change to make your deck stronger?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Jedimasterben

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 11:54:51 pm »
Yea I do need to clarify and I poorly worded how I would like to see my deck improved upon. My playgroup are big into tribal/theme synergies. They tend to have decks that vary in power. For our group we would probably rank 8 to be like consistent with tutors but not quite turn 3-5 consistent kill. My Wolf deck doesn't win as much but it is a lot of fun to pilot. Thank you for posting your 8 power level deck. I will definitely use some of the options you listed and I really like how you put reasons with every card.  I want to do that with mine eventually. In actuality compared to your deck I would like to see mine at a 7 because my playgroup doesn't use a lot of non-land tutors so I would keep mine to a bare minimum and rely a little more on card draw synergies. As far as budget goes I am currently saving up and amassing trade in value for a Gaea's Cradle so it is pretty open XD. Overall I as long as the Wolf tribal is maintained (At at-least a good portion is dedicated to theme) I am willing to change most everything else.

I think the biggest thing I want to see with my deck is being able to interact better against other decks and be able to ramp up a little faster as my deck as been a little too slow in the past. (Haven't played with the most recent updates I made.) Overall I just want a fun deck that can stand up to others but isn't so consistent that it plays out the same way every-time.

Thank you again for your response. I appreciate your feedback. :)

Jedimasterben

• Decks