deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [WIP] The Scarab God - Thanks For the Creatures  (Lu 355 fois)

Morale

• Decks
[WIP] The Scarab God - Thanks For the Creatures
« le: Mai 19, 2020, 01:54:27 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/154223/1643710-the-scarab-god-thanks-for-the-

The idea of this deck is to use milling to my advantage. Taking their creatures and using them against them, and reusing mine.

The deck still needs some work. i have some ideas for tutors ( Tribute Mage, Mesmeric Orb, Corpse Connoisseur) thanks to Morganator 2.0.

I feel like the deck needs more mana draw to better take advantage of the scarab god.
id really like to know how else i can get more zombies out faster, as this deck doesnt really use the combat phase much.
combat phase is either going to be used to take advantage of an opponent who cant block, get zombies out, or to mill.

My library (and knowledge of the MTG library as a whole) is limited right now, ive only been playing for 2ish months.
both luckily and unluckily, COVID has done the opposite for me as the rest of the MTG community.. currently deployed and we cant hit ports.. so a good 15-20 of the crew here took to playing MTG to pass time.
« Modifié: Mai 19, 2020, 01:58:36 am par Morale »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [WIP] The Scarab God - Thanks For the Creatures
« Réponse #1 le: Mai 19, 2020, 06:44:50 pm »
I feel like the deck needs more mana draw to better take advantage of the scarab god.

Are you trying to say mana ramp or card draw? Doesn't matter, I'll go over both. I'll also just bring up the relatively cheap options because I don't know what your budget is.

For mana ramp I use Arcane Signet, Dimir Signet, Fellwar Stone, Dark Ritual, Sol Ring, Crypt Ghast, Star Compass, and Worn Powerstone. They're mostly low-cost, high efficiency.

For card draw, try to make sure that what you use also causes you to discard cards, so it fills up your graveyard. Windfall, Fact or Fiction, Ancient Excavation, Forgotten Creation, Whispering Madness, and the best zombie-tribal card in commander: Cryptbreaker.

id really like to know how else i can get more zombies out faster, as this deck doesnt really use the combat phase much.

The trick here is mana ramp. More mana means more Scarab God activations, which get you more zombies. Diregraf Colossus, Cryptbreaker, Awaken the Erstwhile, and Noosegraf Mob are also good choices for making zombie tokens.