deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Atraxa Saga Tribal  (Read 410 times)

SableMyst

• Decks
Atraxa Saga Tribal
« on: June 02, 2020, 04:37:07 am »
Attempting to make an at least semi-functional Saga Tribal deck with Atraxa. The current deck has 95 cards and only 18 enchantments, yet has multiple cards focused on getting value off enchantments.

Do people think it would be good to continue with this enchantment theme and attempt to use the last 5 slots plus maybe drop some unneeded cards to streamline the enchantments better? Or do people believe just stick with sagas and counter manipulation then use the rest of the slots to not focus on enchantments.

Any suggestions for cards not being useful like some of the removal or good cards to add here would be greatly appreciated, not sure if I have all the good counter manipulation or flicker effect cards.

Edit:Forgot to add the deck
https://deckstats.net/decks/142122/1559899-atraxa-saga/en

Thanks again for any input or just discussion about the deck! ^^

Feyamius

• Decks
Re: Atraxa Saga Tribal
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 10:01:00 am »
How about designating at least four of your five "remaining" slots to lands? I think this deck wants to run at least 38. Suggestions: Krosan Verge, Zagoth Triome, Indatha Triome, Murmuring Bosk. Oh, and the new Nesting Grounds of course. They basically made it for this deck.

And you're in green, so run Farseek, Rampant Growth and Nature's Lore instead of the Talismans. A nice enchantment tutor that fits the theme of the deck is Lost Auramancers. Concerning counter removers, Spinal Parasite is a bit clunky, but there's just so many that we have to take what we get. With your flickering subtheme, Quarry Hauler could be worthwhile as well.

If you want to strengthen the enchantment theme, consider Bounty of the Luxa. By removing the counter or not, you can modify quite well if you want to ramp this turn or rather draw an additional card (you just can't ramp twice in a row).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:31:36 am by Feyamius »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Atraxa Saga Tribal
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 12:28:50 pm »
Sorry Feyamius, but I'm going to have to disagree with a lot of this.

The land base looks fine. You're using absolutely no tap lands, which is ideal. The filter lands sometimes give me trouble, so you may want to swap some of them for lands that tap for any colour. Mana Confluence, City of Brass, and Forbidden Orchard all have small downsides (but you may want to hold off on buying a City of Brass, it's spiking for some reason).

Instead of increasing the number of lands, increase the mana ramp. I would go with small 1 mana effects to really finish the ramp package. Wild Growth, Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves and the like are the ones I usually go for. You can also stick in a Faeburrow Elder and it's significantly more expensive Counterpart Bloom Tender.

I've never seen the saga theme been done before, so I'm not sure how it will turn out. Experiment a bit. I think that the blink theme you've included is the best way to get the most value out if the sagas. I would drop some of the counter removal things (your call which ones) and add in some card draw. This will make it so that you're always drawing into more sagas.

Lastly, because sagas naturally feed into the graveyard, Open the Vaults could be a great late-game card.