deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ruric Thar - Pod / Purphoros  (Read 223 times)

Dlivez

• Decks
Ruric Thar - Pod / Purphoros
« on: June 15, 2020, 07:31:12 am »
Ruric Thar - Pod / Purphoros

after playing this Pod theme with ruric for a few months, i've finally dialed it down.

this deck should do well against most commander decks compaired to other rurics i've seen.

it wont attract too much heat unless you want to go aggro (kiki jiki and combat celebrant are a sub theme bonus)

the way i play this reminds me alot of nekusar wheel. you just put your staples out slowly, and out of nowhere pop your hulk. put serporpod then purphoros of the forge out and then let the damage roll (50sh creatures total, 2 dmg per creature (4 if you put Torban out after Purphoros)  100 - 200 dmg per player, from pop. then, you get kiki and combat celebrant and swing to win.

the combo is quite easy to crack with this list of "kill hulk" cards i added in. and don't be afraid of losing 6 life to cast it if ruric is out, you will win the game by doing so, fashonably late, or way way to early. It rarely cracks in the middle, but when it does i find i get more combat action out of the deck.  no matter what, this is the best Gruul pod i could come up with. enjoy :)

(note: i purposely did not apply fetch land because it's honestly not worth the 1 life. there is zero life gain in this deck, its 100% stradegy, not luck of the draw. you WILL get to hulk, its just a matter of how your opponents view you on the battlefield.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 07:34:10 am by Dlivez »
DLivez