deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Tribes you wish to see more support for  (Read 4112 times)

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: Tribes you wish to see more support for
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2020, 06:46:30 am »
I am honestly surprised no one has mentioned Prime Speaker Vannifar as an Ooze Commander...

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2020, 07:06:01 am »
There's also Experiment Kraj and Umori, the Collector, if you want an exhaustive list of ooze legends. The point is that none of them really function as a tribal commander.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2020, 07:37:04 am »
Its not directly an Ooze and most likely not a flavorful solution either, but Morophon, the Boundless is always on the table when talking about tribals.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 08:16:09 am by Akira Foxmind »
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2020, 01:28:31 pm »
The problem with Oozes isn't the lack of a commander, it's that as a tribe they don't have any support. In the same way that we already have Ishkanah, Grafwidow, Depala, Pilot Exemplar, and Gallia of the Endless Dance, these tribes have a commander, but not enough supporting cards, and no supporting theme.

The reason why some tribes are more successful than others is because they have a unifying theme. Goblins are all about having lots of goblins at once. Elves are based on mana generation. Zombies focus or reanimation effects. When I made those cards for dwarf tribal, I made the theme tapping and untapping.

So if you want to see oozes as a viable tribe, what would the unifying theme between them be?

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2020, 01:37:22 pm »
So if you want to see oozes as a viable tribe, what would the unifying theme between them be?

I'd like to see duplication. Things like Inexorable blob and mitotic slime. Mishra's self replicator style effect would be an amazing ooze.

Then they payoff could be linked to the number of oozes you control.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2020, 01:39:18 pm »
Perpetual growth. Multiplying growth. Scaling growth. I think Gelatinous Genesis embodies Oozes perfectly. Oozes that multiply into more Oozes.

An Ooze card should ideally produce large/scaling Ooze tokens, slowly but steadily. Mycoloth but instead of creating lots of small creatures it should devour and produce one large Ooze based on the devoured amount.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/