deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Sprite Storm  (Read 625 times)

shadowultd

• Decks
[Modern] Sprite Storm
« on: July 18, 2020, 07:39:14 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/14650/1700978-sprite-storm

An attempt at making my first storm deck. I wanted to find a way to incorporate Sprite Dragon and have it grow massive as you cast a ton of spells and this is what I came up with:)

shadowultd

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Sprite Storm
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 11:31:32 pm »
Adding some draw power

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
+2 Fact or Fiction

Changed amounts:
+3 Island
-3 Mountain
-2 Remand

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 06:32:27 am »
This is pretty cool. I like it.

Other cards you could add to enhance the whole "Sprite Dragon" gameplay are Pyroceratops, Spellgorger Weird, and - most importantly - The Ozolith.
I find that this kind of deck that relies on counter buildup as a win con is really susceptible to Flicker or Unsummon type spells, as they wipe the counters. The Ozolith can compete with these, letting you simply plop the counters back onto another creature.

(I hope this is useful, though it's just a suggestion.)

Raullzer

• Buuuuurn
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 01:35:03 pm »
really nice deck!

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 08:58:57 pm »
This is pretty cool. I like it.

Other cards you could add to enhance the whole "Sprite Dragon" gameplay are Pyroceratops, Spellgorger Weird, and - most importantly - The Ozolith.
I find that this kind of deck that relies on counter buildup as a win con is really susceptible to Flicker or Unsummon type spells, as they wipe the counters. The Ozolith can compete with these, letting you simply plop the counters back onto another creature.

(I hope this is useful, though it's just a suggestion.)

I'm glad you like it:) As for your suggestions for Pyroceratops and Spellgorger Weird: Tthe advantage Sprite Dragon has over them is it's cheap (CMC wise) and has haste. Ideally you'd drop him at the start of the turn and the go off with your storm combo so he racks up several counters and attacks before your opponent can respond They may be a good backup though so I'll consider them. As for The Ozolith it could be useful from time to time but only Sprite Dragon is gaining counters atm so most of the time it wouldn't do anything. If I add more counter creature then it has a good chance of making the cut.

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 01:36:13 pm »
Made a few major changes in an attempt to make mana production and draw power more consistent. I also found a new win con friend in the form of Nadir Kraken who can both help me go big and wide if needed.

Revision 4

Added/removed cards:
-4 Boomerang
-2 Thousand-Year Storm
+4 Cascade Bluffs
+2 Nadir Kraken
+3 Tezzeret's Gambit

Changed amounts:
-2 Island
+2 Lightning Bolt
-2 Mountain
-1 Opt