deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: $20 Deck That Will Shame Their $250 Deck - Comments  (Read 10412 times)

garathe2

• Decks
Re: Withering Infections: $20 Deck That Will Shame Their $250 Deck - Comments
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 11:20:25 pm »
I don't get why you have smoulder initiates in this deck. I thought we are dealing infection counters, not life damage.

LegendaryPrimate

• Decks
Re: $20 Deck That Will Shame Their $250 Deck - Comments
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 09:18:13 pm »
I agree.  I feel like this deck would be much better served by having Duty-Bound Dead or a black defender of some kind--something that can block relatively reliably while the other infect/wither creatures attack as often as possible.

garathe2

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 06:41:11 am »
nevermind my last comment. I am stupid lol

Shiroi Kuma

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 11:42:54 pm »
Best deck ever

memnach

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 05:45:58 pm »
este mazo no vale solo dos dolares,..
 Midnight Banshee: 1.5 cada una

zhaseneiman

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 02:33:45 am »
Don't run simic against this deck haha. I learned that the hard way in forge. For a 20$ deck, this is one of the best, if not the best I've seen.

PyroSmite

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 05:26:53 am »
I am very sorry guys but this is not a $20 deck. The price of four Kulrath Knights alone is 19.68. Obviously this deck costs much above $20. I did some calculations and the total cost of this deck as of this posting is $69.56 with lands and $53.56 without lands.

Devilsbane

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 06:44:12 pm »
Don't listen to him. This is definitely a $20 - $25 dollar deck.

Remember kids; pricing is different on every website! It all depends on what kind of supply they have and what kind of demand they're receiving. Notice how almost every online store charges an extra 10 or 15 bucks for the White 2014 Commander deck as opposed to the other colours? That normally has no relevance here, but it's a good example of prices being raised based on supply and demand.

The two websites I use for ordering singles (kanatacg/Wizard's Tower and FaceToFace Games) have Kulrath Knights priced fairly cheap. $1.50, or $3 - $4 for a foil.

I calculated the cost to make it just now, and it came out to $20.40 on FaceToFace, and $24.04 on Wizard's Tower. This is in CAD, so the exchange rate to USD is not so severe as to be raised to the amount you've stated.

@JungleMania: Check more than one website my friend. Your seems to charge ludicrous amounts.

dsprehe89

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 03:04:34 am »
Just purchased every card for this deck with the exception of the Swamps and Scar (as it wasn't avaliable) from StarCityGames.com for under $16 and bought 4x Scar on eBay for $1 shipped.  This is definitely a sub $20 deck.

Now just have to wait and then see how it actually performs.

jaeck07

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 01:36:27 pm »
can this deck be upgraded into a more powerful one? if yes, what card/s? thanks in advance

Notchbeard

• Carpe Diem
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 02:56:50 am »
Necroskitter. If u want to spend more than $20, alt him in.
The notchiest of beards.

Notchbeard

• Carpe Diem
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 03:04:12 am »
updated to reflect my IRL changes. Those of you saying it would be better served replacing the initiate with infect were correct. After experimenting the rats are here to stay :) nearly identical price too :)
The notchiest of beards.

ninjamuffinpie

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 12:36:28 am »
This does look pretty good for $20, but there are plenty of "$250" decks that would mince this. A strong control deck won't care about your -1/-1 counters, and you probably can't aggro them to death before they wrath the board. Many popular combo decks, such as Scapeshift or Splinter Twin will go virtually unanswered by this deck; and you will have a hard time against a Melira combo deck. Also, tron, reanimator, or monogreen infect aggro would give this a very hard time. haha not trying to steal your thunder, this would play well against many casual decks and some competitive decks costing much more, but the title is a little exaggerated :p

Notchbeard

• Carpe Diem
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 07:28:45 am »
Only Melira/Persist makes this deck not competitive. I have played most of the others you named and they don't fare well. Especially control, it just drags game out longer but I still do more poison than they manage to do dmg or mill. Monogreen infect can't even compare LOL. Tron is crap against it as well.
The notchiest of beards.

dthevelow

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 11:19:24 pm »
You may want to consider adding at least one Phyrexian Juggernaut. It is a 5/5 with a 6 mana cost and it is an artifact. You may also want to consider adding some cards like Cobbled Wings which gives a creature flying or Fleetfeather Sandals which gives a creature haste and flying.