deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Lands in EDH - A Primer - Comments  (Read 998 times)

Comment Bot

Lands in EDH - A Primer - Comments
« on: September 16, 2020, 03:04:02 pm »
Lands in EDH - A Primer

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 03:08:09 pm by MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Lands in EDH - A Primer - Comments
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 08:41:42 pm »
Card List is considered the format of a deck (Standard, Modern, EDH, etc.), which would be why it's not a part of the searchable title.

I have the word Lands in the title, though. That's odd. I guess I can see if I can work the singular land into the description. I feel like it should include partial words in the search, too, though.

Edit: I have used "land" in the description already, so I don't know why it's showing up. I guess I'll add some tags.

Edit 2: I added a bunch of tags & reworked title to include both "land" & "lands," but it still doesn't show up: https://deckstats.net/decks/search/?lng=en&search_title=land&search_format=20&search_season=0&search_cards_commander%5B%5D=&search_price_min=&search_price_max=&search_number_cards_main=&search_number_cards_sideboard=&search_cards%5B%5D=&search_tags=&search_age_max_days=0&search_age_max_days_custom=&search_order=updated%2Cdesc&utf8=%E2%9C%94

I'm starting a separate thread to figure out what's going on. I call hax.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 08:53:03 pm by WizardSpartan »

Seismos

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 11:38:16 am »
Nice evaluation. Gonna save this list because sometimes it's hard remembering the names of the cards from a specific cycle. :P
You did miss a few duals not part of any cycle (yet): Nimbus Maze, River of Tears, and Grove of the Burnwillows. There are probably other such cards, but I can't think of any offhand.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 04:38:47 pm »
Yeah, idk if I will include a section for duals that aren't part of a cycle, as they can be hard to find, but we'll see.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 10:03:25 am »
Hey, some fetches are cheaper nowadays than they used to be. I think this may warrant removing a single $ from their real money cost.

About filter lands: hitting Necropotence colours is infinitely easier with a filter land in play in a three colour deck. It's a real upside that it can transform colours entirely into other colours - the very same argument that has been had for signets.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 03:51:46 pm »
Hey, some fetches are cheaper nowadays than they used to be. I think this may warrant removing a single $ from their real money cost.
I use the average TCGPlayer Market Price to find the price bracket of each cycle, and, as of today Feb. 10, fetchlands cost $34.08 on average.

About filter lands: hitting Necropotence colours is infinitely easier with a filter land in play in a three colour deck. It's a real upside that it can transform colours entirely into other colours - the very same argument that has been had for signets.
I have changed my review for the filterlands to account better for their color-fixing properties. Thanks!

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 08:31:07 am »
I use the average TCGPlayer Market Price to find the price bracket of each cycle, and, as of today Feb. 10, fetchlands cost $34.08 on average.
Wow. Just wow. No wonder, that is expensive. Cardmarket has them for 22.75€ on average. And that's an actual shopping basket I did, not just the cheapest available because I couldn't be bothered to find the cheapest available.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 03:20:32 pm »
Wow. Just wow. No wonder, that is expensive. Cardmarket has them for 22.75€ on average. And that's an actual shopping basket I did, not just the cheapest available because I couldn't be bothered to find the cheapest available.

I went ahead and redid the process I used USD for but with EUR, and got the average price of a fetchland to be 22.31€, which is still $27.08. So technically, they still fit within the $$$$ price bracket.

That's still like $7 cheaper per fetch on average, though. Alexa, remind me to grab some fetchies if I ever leave the US.

Ev3nt1ne

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 10:47:35 am »
Really nice work, but you can improve the primer, these are few tips:
There are way more creature lands than 10.
Guildless Commons is a bounce land.
on fetches (or another tab) you should also include fable passage, prismatic, expanse, wild, etc.
you totally missed the ramp land tap with krosan, myriad landscape, and also ancient tomb, temple of ancient gods, etc.(even if they are not dual)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 04:54:48 pm »
Really nice work, but you can improve the primer, these are few tips:
There are way more creature lands than 10.
Guildless Commons is a bounce land.
on fetches (or another tab) you should also include fable passage, prismatic, expanse, wild, etc.
you totally missed the ramp land tap with krosan, myriad landscape, and also ancient tomb, temple of ancient gods, etc.(even if they are not dual)
Thanks for the kind words!

This primer is for all dual land cycles legal in EDH. All of the lands you listed are not a dual land and/or are not a part of a cycle.

BLIZXEN

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 03:21:21 pm »
I think you missed that the kaldheim duals are also snow lands, so in terms of the regular snow duals from cold snap, there's no reason to not run the kaldheim duals instead unless you need even MORE snow duals. Also, the Kaldheim duals are almost all cheaper than any of the cold snap duals, and the kaldheim duals are a complete cycle, not just ally colors like the coldsnap duals.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 04:49:42 pm »
I think you missed that the kaldheim duals are also snow lands, so in terms of the regular snow duals from cold snap, there's no reason to not run the kaldheim duals instead unless you need even MORE snow duals. Also, the Kaldheim duals are almost all cheaper than any of the cold snap duals, and the kaldheim duals are a complete cycle, not just ally colors like the coldsnap duals.
Added. Thanks!

Rinzler

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 02:22:08 am »
What about the thriving cycle?(thriving bluff)  They're basically a tapland in 2-color decks but can help majorly with fixing in 3+ color budget decks.  Also do the vivid lands count?(vivid crag) They're kinda but not really dual lands.  Honestly idk if either can be considered dual.  Anyhoo I just wanted to say great job, I enjoyed! :)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 08:49:22 pm »
What about the thriving cycle?(thriving bluff)  They're basically a tapland in 2-color decks but can help majorly with fixing in 3+ color budget decks.  Also do the vivid lands count?(vivid crag) They're kinda but not really dual lands.  Honestly idk if either can be considered dual.  Anyhoo I just wanted to say great job, I enjoyed! :)
Thanks for the suggestions and kind words!

My primer is only for dual cycles, and while the Thriving and Vivid cycles can produce 2 different colors, I don't really group them with more traditional dual lands. It's more of a personal preference/philosophy sort of thing.