deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: "Do you watch it? Well, you don't already watch it" deck!!! (G/W Blink)  (Leído 1859 veces)

Machorro Salido

• Decks
Hi!!!

I'm a beginner player who is working on a G/W Blink deck. After making some changes and hearing some advices, i think i've just made a more or less compact deck. But, as I've finished with the advices of my friends, now I would like to ask you for ideas or aspects you would change.

The idea of my deck is have lands and elves-lands who allow me introduce, return to my hand and introduce again creatures with blink effects. Obviously i have other creatures and instants in order to return them to my hand.

Here the deck: https://deckstats.net/decks/4096/15160-g-w-blink/en

Thanks!
« Última modificación: Mayo 22, 2013, 05:11:20 pm por Machorro Salido »

Machorro Salido

• Decks
Re: "Do you watch it? Well, you don't already watch it" deck!!! (G/W Blink)
« Respuesta #1 en: Mayo 24, 2013, 08:48:53 am »
No ideas?

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Mayo 24, 2013, 09:10:22 pm »
I'd have to play it to be sure, so you might know better, but I feel like it's going to be hard to support that mana curve with only 19 lands, even with the mana accelerators.  How has it worked out so far?  Do you find yourself mulliganing to mana concers very often?

I'd be wary of cards like Timberland Guide, and Unflinching courage. Most of your creatures are flicker targets, so things that are destroyed when their creature leaves the battlefield (counters, enchantments, etc.) should be avoided in a deck like this.  Is there an equipment that could do the job of Unflinching courage?  That way you can equip it to something else if you unsummon of flicker it's creature.

Consider other flickering sorceries like the titular flicker, ghostway and conjurer's closet.  Moving it to sorceries allows you to focus your creatures on the ETB effects.  It's nice to have warm bodies after the effects, but it's also nice to get the effect from something cheaper.

Also, there's a lot of synergy with the Soul Sisters (eg. Soul Warden) and Inquisitor Exarch is a personal favorite for ETB.

And one more thing, take a look at the creatures with Evoke.  You can cast a Cloudthresher for 2GG and then cast Cloudshift in response to the evoke triggering, and not only do you get another ETB trigger, but you get to keep the thresher, the new instance of it wasn't cast for the evoke cost (it was put on the battlefield by cloudshift) so Evoke doesn't trigger.

Hope that helps!  Let me know how the mana-curve plays out. You might consider Burning-Tree Emissary to even that out too.

Machorro Salido

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Mayo 26, 2013, 08:43:18 pm »
Hi AeroSigma!!! Thanks for your reply! :)

Actually, I usually have more mana than needed :S This is the reason why I introduced "Lead the stampede", in order to have enough creatures to play! In fact I was thinking on taking out Llanowar Elves...

You are right with Timberland Guide and Unflinching courage. I've thought to include 4 Overrun instead of them.

I will introduce other flickering sorceries too. Affter playing some games, I've seen I don't have cloudshift enough! ;)

I also considered the idea of creatures that give lifes !!! I have a couple of Catedral Sanctifier. It's a good estrategy versus aggro decks, I think...

I've been looking for green/white creatures with evoke and i didn't find nothing very interesting... Cloudthresher is probably the most interesting one, but I have fliying creatures and i dont know if play it can be counter-productive... But I like the idea!!!

And finally... some more expensive cards that you would include???

Thanls a lot!!!
« Última modificación: Mayo 27, 2013, 05:16:24 pm por Machorro Salido »

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Mayo 29, 2013, 12:53:17 am »
In terms of more expensive cards, the first thing that comes to mind are dual lands.  The shock lands (Temple Garden, in these colors) are great, since you get to decide if you need that mana NOW and pay the two life, or if you're sitting pretty and can handle the delay.  My other favorites are the filter lands (Wooded Bastion) which can color fix you to two off color mana instantly.  It also bears mentioning the bounce lands (Selesnya Sanctuary) which essentially count as two seperate lands in one card (i.e. you start with this and two plains, if you don't pull any other lands, you'll still have access to 4 mana) and the M10/Innistrad tap lands (Sunpetal Grove) which will be straight up dual-color-no-drawback lands as long as you draw any thing else as well (combos with the shock lands just fine)

Another card that I didn't mention ealier due to cost is everyones current favorite flickerer, Restoration Angel.  She's got flash, so she drops in as a suprise blocker with flying and 4 toughness, which is great by itself, but she'll rescue a dying creature, or trigger someones ETB at the same time.  Expensive but worth it.

Also, most people are comboing Restoration Angel with the green Thragtusk right now.  Notice how its effect is "when Thragtusk leaves  the battlefield" not when he dies, so a flicker on that beast gets you a 3/3 AND 5 life.  He might come down in price after he rotates out when M14 is released, but I doubt it will be very sudden.

If you were in Red, I'd suggest Thundermaw Hellkite. In fact, I'll even suggest splashing red FOR Thundermaw Hellkite.  When he enters the battlefield he taps all of your opponents' flying blockers, and attacks for a hasty 5.  Flicker him each turn before combat and the game's over in another 3 turns!  Use those dual lands we talked about earlier!

Got plenty of mana you say? Tooth and Nail is your solution.  Just read it and realize all the win, especially if Thundermaw and Thragtusk are in your library.  Even without, you can tailor your picks to the ETB effects that will put you in the best position.