deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Drannith Magistrate  (Read 574 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Drannith Magistrate
« on: September 28, 2020, 09:06:46 pm »
Back during Ikoria spoiler season, most everyone I know flipped out over Drannith Magistrate. It stops commanders from being cast, but it's also pretty easy to remove.

I'm worried that I'm asking this too early, but has anyone played against Drannith Magistrate? If so, was it an annoying stax piece, or was is relatively easy to have someone just remove it?

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Drannith Magistrate
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 09:21:31 pm »
In my experience, it's only ever been mildly annoying. Fragile as a snow flake. It can mess up plans for a turn or two but it draws a lot of heat so tends to get removed pretty quickly.

This is at the more casual, janky end of the format. I can't comment on the more competitive side.

terminalgeek

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 09:42:49 pm »
I've played against it before and it is annoying. By itself only slightly, but rarely is it played without of more stax. I've seen this and things like Collector Ouphe played in decks that someone obviously built for cEDH or as a response to other people's pub-stomping. I don't think it should be banned any more than any other stax piece. The problem is more with people's mentality of getting over on opponents who aren't ready for that type of meta.

If we sit down to play a casual game and a particularly mean card (i.e. you can't play magic) comes out, definitely thinking twice about playing with that person again.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 10:43:34 pm »
I haven't had a chance to play since the whole COVID thing went down but I expect to see it out in the wilds once things are conducive to in-person play.