deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ideas for Tapland Tribal  (Read 446 times)

Raketenudo

• Decks
Ideas for Tapland Tribal
« on: October 06, 2020, 04:56:09 pm »
Hey everyone,

the Powerlevel of my playgroup is lower than the powerlevel of my decks. As such, I have a rather high winrate, wich looks nice on the surface, but is actually quite boring. As I'm afraid they will start focusing me down soon, I'm looking for ways to lower the powerlevel of my decks.

This is currently working just fine, but I'd like to build a few specifically bad decks. This is why I came up with the Idea of playing a
Tapland-Tribal-Deck (wich means, all Lands are nonbasic lands that come into play tapped)
The color I'd like to play is Abzan, as i consider it quite low power compared to the other 3-Color-combinations, and because I don't have an Abzan deck yet. But anything would be possible in Color combinations, though green should be a part of it.

The Problem is, there seems to be almost no support for this kind of deck. The only thing that came to my mind is Amulet of Vigor.
So I thought a bit further and came across the Idea of playing Basic land Hate, wich has little support aswell, but there are at least
Sundering Titan, Planar Overlay and the Basic-Land-Type hate cards like Boil, Karma, Choke.

Going 5 Color would also unlock Maze's End, though im unsure if I like that one - it would at least fit the theme though.

So I was wondering, does anyone have any Ideas or recommendations for cards that could be useful in this Kind of Deck?

As I haven't decided on a Commander right now, there are also multiple ways to get a second layer of Synergy into the Deck. I'm currently favoring Graveyard as the Sub theme, as it hase nice support in Abzan and there are quite a few combos I could put in.

terminalgeek

• Decks
Re: Ideas for Tapland Tribal
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 05:21:35 pm »
If you're looking for actual tap land tribal vs basic land hate, might I suggest Golos, Tireless Pilgrim but with all the tapped "man lands" like raging ravine, etc.

Also, Root Maze is useful for leveling the playing field, since it will turn everything into a tap land.