deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander Legends Spoilers  (Read 10402 times)

Dumb Luck

Re: Commander Legends Spoilers
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2020, 04:39:20 pm »
The Blue Owl Legend looks alright too.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2020, 02:17:21 am »
The new Sakashima looks like it would go nice with Krark. Coin flip is mainly in red anyways, but having that blue to support is nice.

That is also assuming I am thinking of how Krark works correctly. With him + Sakashima out copying him, that's two coin flips per spell. Seeing as Krark's ability doesn't target the spell, in theory you can both win and lose a flip meaning the spell returns to hand plus gets cast copied. This sounds like value town with cheap draw spells, counterspells to protect your board state, etc.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 02:19:04 am by HowlingLotus »
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2020, 02:33:24 am »
The new Sakashima looks like it would go nice with Krark. Coin flip is mainly in red anyways, but having that blue to support is nice.

That is also assuming I am thinking of how Krark works correctly. With him + Sakashima out copying him, that's two coin flips per spell. Seeing as Krark's ability doesn't target the spell, in theory you can both win and lose a flip meaning the spell returns to hand plus gets cast copied. This sounds like value town with cheap draw spells, counterspells to protect your board state, etc.
Add Krark's Thumb to that and you get to choose your flips, too.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

PickleLover

• Decks
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2020, 02:59:07 am »
hullbreacher gonna be spicy
– PickleLover

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2020, 03:52:49 am »

Add Krark's Thumb to that and you get to choose your flips, too.

Sakashima also allows for multiple Krark Thumbs due to Mirror Gallery ability. For all the confusion that can also cause due to a single event not being able to be modified multiple times. Probably not worth it for the headache.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2020, 04:02:05 am »
Sakashima + Kamahl, then fill the rest of the deck with clone spells. Copy Kamahl for extreme profit.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2020, 11:44:57 am »

I'm a little behind on spoilers, but it looks like we have some mana ramp in blue, and a boros commander that gives double strike.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2020, 01:47:22 pm »
Morgantor, you are close with the partner with but however it is just commanders with partner.
Finally getting a chance to look these cards over and some are bonkers. I am sure you guys have talked about them allready but my take on a few of them. Like the monarch mechanic is being pushed with this set. Archon of Coronation costs enough mana but works for taking no damage. Court of grace and court of bounty also help the monarch. This one caught my eye the most, Court of Ambition. 18 life when you are at least playing 3 opponents is way behond bonkers but some neat concepts for monarch ideas and players.

Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools. I don't know about you but the ultimate is bonkers, taking control of all commanders is just broken.

Reshape the Earth. While this is costly, the lands come in tapped and is sorcery speed it says "lands" so you can get anything and it works well for landfall triggers.

Port Razer With some type of evasion, helm of the host and/or blade of selves and lets go have some fun.

Hullbreacher. Like Notion Thief needed the help

Opposition Agent. Is way to busted you don't search for squat because I get to search instead.

Kodama of the East Tree. This works for everything from lands and tokens and yes the more powerfull stuff. Playing stuff for free is always broken

A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

FinnernMagic

• Decks
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2020, 02:03:13 pm »
A new dragon is spoiled and i would love to have it in my Ur-Dragon deck.
Am I even playing EDH if there is no dragons in the deck?

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2020, 02:58:57 pm »
Yeah, my bingo card is kinda doomed. We know the fetchlands aren't happening, and neither is Magus of the Cradle. Also, the mardu commander is for enchantments, not aristocrats.

I wonder if the new 3 cmc tax creatures with flash (Opposition Agent & Hullbreacher) are part of a cycle, though. They seem to hate on the identity of their respective colors (tutors & card draw). If so, I might be able to swing them as "cycle of cards that break the color pie".

Do we think the big 9 CMC green sorcery that finds 10 lands good enough for a "new green ramp card with a twist"?

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2020, 03:10:42 pm »
No, I think that Reshape the Earth (it was originally translated as Terraforming) is a finisher for any Landfall/Lands Matter decks. Playing Reshape the Earth while Omnath, Locus of Rage is on the battlefield sounds like nightmare fuel. And Scute Swarm... forget it.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2020, 06:40:25 pm »
Well, Rabbit Wizard got spoiled and wasn't Boros to match the Sultai nature of the Turtle Shaman. It also doesn't have haste and not sure what the flavour text say until translated.

Truly the darkest timeline.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2020, 12:05:35 am »
Yes Reshape the Earth is a good enough ramp card with a twist. I want to have fun with Reshape the Earth using Moraug, Fury of Akoum. 10 combat phases would be bonkers. Reshape the Earth gets you 10 lands and if you are running 40 lands so that means you can pull 25% of your lands out of your deck into play.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2020, 02:10:37 am »
I think it works as a ramp card we've never seen before. Have at it. I also think now that we've seen the whole court cycle, we can all agree: the white one is the worst.

PickleLover

• Decks
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2020, 02:27:56 pm »
court of cunning, if you can stay monarch, sounds like a very powerful card. it only needs 3 or 4 turns to win a game (assuming 60 cards and you have some more mill spells)
– PickleLover