deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Spirit Bonds question.  (Read 939 times)

sinestroface

• Decks
Spirit Bonds question.
« on: November 01, 2014, 07:59:15 pm »
I have a question about the MG15 card Spirit Bonds.  It says "Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 1 White. If you do, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield".

No where on the card does it say you can only do it once i.e play a creature and create 5 spirits if you have the mana to do it.  Cards like Rootwalla from MG14 specifically say "Activate this ability only once per turn".  Am I incorrect in reading this as being able to generate multiple spirits off of a single creature spell?  If not, please cite the rule that disallows this.

Thank you.

lonelytower

• Decks
Re: Spirit Bonds question.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 03:44:52 am »
Gatherer rulings state that you can only create one token for each nontoken creature. However, I'm not certain if this would still apply to a deck that splashed recursion, i.e. the creature enters the battlefield multiple times.

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: Spirit Bonds question.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 06:45:45 am »
You have misread the triggered ability. When a non token creature enters the battlefield under your control with Spirit Bonds in play, it places a trigger on the stack. When that trigger resolves you may pay {W} to get a 1/1 Spirit. That ability only allows you to pay W.

A parallel does not exist between Rootwalla and Spirit Bonds.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx