deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Mill blue  (Read 770 times)

Chad_Ellis

• Decks
[Modern] Mill blue
« on: May 16, 2021, 01:16:40 am »
Mill blue

Hello I’m building this deck for a small tournament happening at the shop at the end of this month was wondering if there are things I should be preparing for in the sideboard. I think the main deck is alright maybe needs more draw power other then gaddwick and witching well.

Got the idea of the mill combo for some random video talking about master of waves and sage’s row denizen. After that I looked up decks that were using master of waves and the most common cards were gaddwick, thassa’s Oracle, and nykthos shrine to nyx
Any advice on making either combo more consistent would be much appreciated.

ekans_

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Mill blue
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 10:53:26 am »
I know you didn't request suggestions for the main deck, but I think I have to say something about Didn't Say Please. I don't feel like it fits into the self-mill plan with Thassa's Oracle, something like Mana Leak or Archmage's Charm would be in a better place there.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't feel like Leyline of Anticipation serves a real purpose, I feel you could swap it out for something more useful.

And also I think you're right to say that a bit more draw spells would be a good fit.

In the sideboard I would find room for more Grafdigger's Cage to increase the likelyhood of you drawing one and some Damping Sphere against Tron.

Chad_Ellis

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 12:17:22 pm »
I%u2019ll be honest I miss read didn%u2019t say please and thought it said target player instead of it%u2019s controller. You are right about leyline I thought it would be useful in the deck if everything had flash and I saw it in a bunch of master of waves decks, but with want I%u2019m wanting to do it won%u2019t accomplish much of anything. Question about Damping sphere though  wouldn%u2019t affect nykthos shrine to nyx from adding blue mana?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:21:06 pm by Chad_Ellis »

ekans_

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 09:01:04 am »
Oops you're right, Damping Sphere would shut that off. But I'm not sure if your deck really needs 4 copies of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx anyway, as it is legendary.

In my decks I only run 1-ofs of legendary lands as it really hurts to miss a land-drop because of the legend rule.

And you also have to deliberate if shutting down their tron lands is worth disabling your Nykthos. I personally would go for that deal, but I again don't really know if your deck needs a Nykthos on board to function.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:04:28 am by ekans_ »

Chad_Ellis

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 08:29:19 pm »
Okay forgot about the whole legendary applies to even lands so with that in mind I could move it to 2-3 and added in maybe field of ruin to counter tron.  Might also get some better islands because of cards that destroy all basic lands exist.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:33:37 pm by Chad_Ellis »

Zareck

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 01:18:33 am »
Hola!

Muchas gracias por el Deck!

Puedes probar con Tide Shaper, en lugar de Sea's Claim, prácticamente consigues el mismo efecto pero con criatura en mesa. También tienes Aquitect's Will, que es muy interesante por el posible draw.

Creo que puedes incluir más merfolks de motor de draw y deshacerte de Omen of the Sea y Witching Well, puedes probar con Silvergill Adept por ejemplo, Personalmente me gusta mucho Cold-Eyed Selkie o Svyelun of Sea and Sky, que fomenta tu draw y suma 2 a la devoción.

Puedes recurrir a más lords... Merfolk Sovereign y Lord of Atlantis, pueden encajar muy bien en el Deck.

También se me ocurre recomendar Stonybrook Banneret,pero creo que en este Deck no tiene sitio, ya que la devoción provoca que tengamos muchas cartas donde el coste de mana solo son island y no podemos sacar provecho del ahorro de coste de mana.

Para sideboard, contra artefactos, me encanta el merfolk Thieving Skydiver. Contra azul, supongo que Mystical Dispute es buena opción. Ashiok, Dream Render, me gusta más que Grafdigger's Cage por la devoción que ofrece. Keep Safe, contrarrestar con draw que nunca viene mal que creo que puede servirte más que negate. Contra rojo y verde, Aether Gust funciona muy bien, pero Tidebinder Mage es perfecto para el Deck, devoción y merfolk.

Un saludo y gracias!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 01:22:11 am by Zareck »
Www.dizemo.com

Federico Rosano

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 10:50:26 pm »
My version of mono-U mill in Modern
https://deckstats.net/decks/88072/1600763-mill