deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Puresteel paladin abilities  (Lu 489 fois)

Chicoria95

• Decks
Puresteel paladin abilities
« le: Janvier 21, 2021, 05:13:45 pm »
Hello at all, i have a simply question. The situation on the battlefield is this: I control a puresteel paladin by my previous turn. If i cast an equipment card from my hand, but an opponent say :"Before you cast that equipment, i kill puresteel paladin (e.g. with a doom blade, so can killed a non-black creature), can i draw a card anyway?

Thank you at all.

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Puresteel paladin abilities
« Réponse #1 le: Janvier 21, 2021, 05:22:07 pm »
No. Puresteel Paladin triggers when an equipment enters the battlefield. If an opponent kills Puresteel Paladin while the equipment is still on the stack, then it hasn't entered the battlefield. It will enter after your creature is dead, but the Paladin's effect won't trigger from the graveyard.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Chicoria95

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Janvier 21, 2021, 05:40:24 pm »
Thanks a lot, quickly answer :)
In reality, i have a second question, still in relation to abilities of puresteel paladin.
I have on the battlefield an equipment card, two ancient den (artifact lands), a purestell paladin and another creature. So, i want to equip the equipment card to that another creature through the abilities of paladin (the metalcraft ability) that allow me to spend 0 for equip. Next, i say:"Equip that equipment to that creature" and my opponent reply with "Nope, i kill paladin before" what happened?
And if he/she remove metalcraft (e.g. destroy an artifact land) what happened?

Thanks.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Janvier 21, 2021, 05:50:12 pm »
Here's how it would work:
  • You activate the equip ability, paying any costs to equip (in this instance, it would be 0 mana because Puresteel Paladin's Metalcraft ability is active).
  • The equip ability goes onto the stack (note the creature is not actually equipped yet).
  • Your opponent(s) get priority and can respond to the equip ability (i.e. remove Puresteel Paladin, blow up the equipment, blow up Ancient Den, etc.).
  • If the equipment is still in play and the creature is still a legal target for the equip ability, the equipment attaches to the creature. This is true even if Puresteel Paladin is removed (as long as Puresteel Paladin was not the target of the equip ability) or if the Ancient Den was removed.

Chicoria95

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Janvier 21, 2021, 05:55:21 pm »
Many thanks, you were very clear  ;)