deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Kaldheim Spoilers  (Read 11899 times)

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
Re: Kaldheim Spoilers
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2021, 06:18:34 pm »
I forsee the Elven Empire precon will be much stronger and much more desirable than the spirit/foretell deck. Lathril seems pushed, but she seems similar to Anowon in power and popularity. Ezuri is still good, but wizards should give mono-green elfball some love too.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2021, 06:23:20 pm »
I forsee the Elven Empire precon will be much stronger and much more desirable than the spirit/foretell deck. Lathril seems pushed, but she seems similar to Anowon in power and popularity. Ezuri is still good, but wizards should give mono-green elfball some love too.
I agree with both of your points.  I certainly hope we see better stuff for the Spirit precon because Spirits have always been $#!+ and I don't want yet another wave of support that is ALSO $#!+ for no reason.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2021, 06:37:08 pm »
Wow, they really want Lathril to be better than Ezuri, huh?  Good thing we don't have Leovold or you could run both Ezuris AND Lathril in the same Deck (not that anyone would use Leovold for that, LOL).
I intend to make a bigger post about this in the future, but I honestly still like Ezuri more than Lathril. This might change, as there is still plenty of slots for good black-based elves that push Lathril over the edge, but idk. I just like Ezuri more than her, playstyle-wise.

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2021, 09:09:21 pm »
What
Have
They
Done?

Esika, God of the Tree (Mythic) 1GG
Legendary Creature - God
Vigilance
[Tap] Add one mana of any color
Other legendary creatures you control have vigilance and [Tap] add one mana of any color.

//Flip//

The Prismatic Bridge WUBRG
Legendary Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal card from the top of your library until you reveal a creature or planeswalker card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of you library in any order.

They. Printed. A. WUBRG. Enchantment. As. A. Commander.

Primal Surge, anyone?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:10:58 pm by Cosmic_Insight »

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2021, 09:12:29 pm »
Esika, God of the Tree (Mythic) 1GG
Legendary Creature - God
Vigilance
[Tap] Add one mana of any color
Other legendary creatures you control have vigilance and [Tap] add one mana of any color.

//Flip//

The Prismatic Bridge WUBRG
Legendary Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal card from the top of your library until you reveal a creature or planeswalker card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of you library in any order.
Well I was wrong; I predicted they'd make one God of each permanent type and for some reason the Green one would be a Land...I guess this means the Red one will be a Land.

EDIT: At least now we can play God Tribal without relying on Morophon, the Boundless.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:49:02 pm by jlutzxinc »

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2021, 09:53:28 pm »
Just saw two more Kaldheim spoilers. WOW. Potnetial Kamigawa vibes coming from this set.

The World Tree (Rare)
Land
The World Tree Enters the battlefield tapped.
[Tap] Add G
As long as you control six or more lands, lands you control have [Tap] Add one mana of any color.
WWUUBBRRGG [Tap] Sacrifice The World Tree: Search you library for any number of God cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

Koma, Cosmos Serpent (Mythic) 3GGUU
Legendary Creature - Serpent
This spell can't be countered.
At the beginning of each upkeep, create a 3/3 blue Serpent creature token named Koma's Coil.
Sacrifice another Serpent: Choose one -
-Tap Target permanent. It's activated abilities can't be activated this turn.
-Koma, Cosmos Serpent gains indestructible until end of turn.

This seem rather strong, and will fill the board with tokens very fast.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:16:10 pm by Cosmic_Insight »

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2021, 09:59:14 pm »
The World Tree (Rare)
Land
The World Tree Enters the battlefield tapped.
[Tap] Add G
As long as you control six or more lands, lands you control have [Tap] Add one mana of any color.
WWUUBBRRGG [Tap] Sacrifice The World Tree: Search you library for any number of God cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Yep, God Tribal is definitely gonna be a thing in Brawl and/or Commander.  The Golgari Serpent seems OK but a bit specific.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2021, 10:04:11 pm »
This set is really feeling like a Commander set (mainly looking at the 5 color God & The World Tree), and I'm not a fan.

I just wish they would stop making Standard sets with Commander in mind. One of my favorite things is taking cards designed for Constructed formats and using them to build decks that do well in EDH.

By the way, for anyone confused, Koma's mana cost is 3GGUU, not 3GGBB. It is a Simic card. Kinda wish it was Bant or Selesnya at least, but oh well. Still strong, at least for EDH, as it triggers on each upkeep.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2021, 10:06:31 pm »
This set is really feeling like a Commander set (mainly looking at the 5 color God & The World Tree), and I'm not a fan.

I just wish they would stop making Standard sets with Commander in mind. One of my favorite things is taking cards designed for Constructed formats and using them to build decks that do well in EDH.

By the way, for anyone confused, Koma's mana cost is 3GGUU, not 3GGBB. It is a Simic card. Kinda wish it was Bant or Selesnya at least, but oh well. Still strong, at least for EDH, as it triggers on each upkeep.
I almost wrote Simic and then corrected myself.  Those top two cards are absolutely Commander specific; I've NEVER SEEN a more blatant tribal Commander OR Land in my life.

EDIT: The Serpent absolutely should have been Selesnya (or at least not Simic, AGAIN)...for at LEAST the last three or four sets in a row a Simic card was outright the best, to the extent that one has been banned for every non-Simic ban in YEARS.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:25:07 pm by jlutzxinc »

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2021, 10:18:04 pm »
Koma doesn't feel like Uro, oko, or something like Kinnan. It feels strangely unique, like it has a new niche. Rapid token generation isn't amazing in Standard or Historic, but I think that this could be a beast in Commander.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2021, 07:42:56 pm »

Blizzard Fight
G
Snow Sorcery
Choose target creature that you control and target creature you don't control. If you control 3 or more snow permanents, the creature you control gains +1/+0 and indestructible until end of turn. Then the creatures fight.

Iron Verdict
2W
Instant
Iron Verdict deals 5 damage to target tapped creature.
Foretell W

Awaken the Trolls
4RG
Enchantment - Saga
I: Destroy target land.

II: Put target land from a graveyard on the battlefield under your control.

III: Choose target opponent. If they control less lands than you, create 4/4 Warrior Troll creature tokens with reach equal to the difference in lands.

3BB // 3B
Tegrid, Goddess of Dread
Legendary Creature - God

Menace

Whenever an opponent sacrifices a nontoken permanent or discards a permanent card, you can put that card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
4/5

Tegrid's Lantern

T, Target player loses 3 life unless they sacrifice a nonland permanent or discard a card.

3B: Untap this card.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2021, 07:57:19 pm »
WoTC: You know what's better than It That Betrays? An It That Betrays that costs 7 less mana, can be your commander, and works off of discard spells too (because Dark Deal definitely isn't a thing). Boom.

Your average EDH player just trying to have some fun: ...

Ok but real talk, why does that exist at 5 mana? Black is the absolute king of discard and edict effects. I'm not crazy right? That's insanely undercosted.

What do we think of Saw it Coming? I'm a pretty big fan of it at first take. There aren't a whole lot of dirt cheap counterspells that are actually playable, and I think this could join the ranks.

Search for Glory also seems like a cool tutor for white, which is nice.

I wonder why Ravenform can exile artifacts permanently. I get that part of blue's color pie is Polymorph effects, which then turned into Pongify/Rapid Hybridization/Reality Shift, but jumping to exiling artifacts seems a bit extreme. I'm not complaining, though. Kumena will love not having to run Imprisoned in the Moon as creature removal anymore.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2021, 08:13:56 pm »
It's a pattern they've been following lately. Find an older card that doesn't see tons of play but has an interesting effect, then print it at a lower cost with more tacked on. I thought the exact same thing when Kinnan was revealed as a better Mayael the Anima.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2021, 09:01:01 pm »
It's a pattern they've been following lately. Find an older card that doesn't see tons of play but has an interesting effect, then print it at a lower cost with more tacked on. I thought the exact same thing when Kinnan was revealed as a better Mayael the Anima.
What annoys me even more is that Kinnan isn't absolutely better than Mayael in all aspects (Mayael is in better colors for big creatures, cheaper to activate, can hit humans, etc.), but Tegrid definitely feels so much better than It That Betrays in (almost) every way. I just know that Plaguecrafter and its siblings are already frustrating to play against, and with this 5 mana creature, they allow you to steal 3 creatures. And honestly, that's on the low side of nauseating. Discard decks already rip your hand to shreds very fast unless you are able to quickly set up a card advantage engine, and now once you're out of cards, they will have a giant advantage (remember, Tegrid even takes lands, which can give the player using Tegrid a bunch of extra mana).

Outside of mono black, it gets even more disheartening. There a lot more wheel effects in blue and red, and we all know how annoying Hullbreacher and similar cards are when paired with wheels.

Just an overall feels-bad from me.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2021, 12:13:44 am »

Reckless Crew
3R
Sorcery
Create X 2/1 red Dwarf Berserker creature tokens, where X is the number of Vehicles you control plus the number of Equipment you control.

For each of those tokens, You may attach an Equipment you control to it.

Rally the Ranks
1W
Enchantment
As Rally the Ranks enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.

Creatures you control of the chosen type get +1+1.

Search for Glory
2W
Snow Sorcery
Search your library for a snow card, legendary card or saga, reveal it, put that card into your hand and shuffle you library. You gain 1 life for each ❄ spent casting this spell.

Spirit Blade
1W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature

Enchanted creature gets +2/+2

1W, Exile Spirit Blade from your graveyard: Return target aura or equipment card from your graveyard to hand.

Grim Draugr
Snow Creature - Zombie Berserker
1❄: Grim Draugr gets +1/+0 and gains menace until end of turn.
3/2