deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Kamahl and Tana: lowering the mana curve  (Read 278 times)

Schau

• Decks
Kamahl and Tana: lowering the mana curve
« on: December 17, 2020, 03:38:47 am »
I find that this deck is just too slow, it is usually around turn three-four that I start actually doing stuff and by then others have already started assembling their strategy or have found ways to interrupt mine.
Any suggestions on low CMC creatures that fit my voltron enchantment theme or stop people from interrupting my strategy would be welcome.

https://deckstats.net/decks/131150/1825802-kamahl-tana/en
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 03:40:24 am by Schau »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Kamahl and Tana: lowering the mana curve
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 04:19:37 am »
If you want to make your deck faster, it's pretty simple. Drop your most expensive cards for even more cheap ramp. They may not be exciting, but they get your strategy going fast.

Wild Growth, Utopia Sprawl, and Fertile Ground are really good, as they curve well into Tana and have some enchantment synergy. One with Nature is a little spicier, as it isn't necessarily as good ramp as the aforementioned cards, but it is synergistic and repeatable once you get going.

If you want more on-theme low-CMC support, Herald of the Pantheon & Destiny Spinner immediately come to mind, and Heroic Intervention is the green king of protecting your stuff (it isn't a creature, though).

In terms of what to drop, Archetype of Endurance, Wurmweaver Coil, and Prodigious Growth would probably be my choices. Eldrazi Conscription, too, maybe, but I like the spice.

I also think you might want to include Keen Sense as another, better, Sixth Sense effect, and Shamanic Revelation is perfect here (post-combat, all your Saprolings are 4/4s because of Kamahl, meaning you can easily gain 20+ life in addition to the load of cards you draw). Setessan Champion could also be cool, as she can get big and swing for a lot with Kamahl.

crimsonking

• Decks
Re: Kamahl and Tana: lowering the mana curve
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 08:17:32 pm »
What's your main strategy?
I see a slight aura theme. I don't recommend you to go that way.