deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Golgari Deck - Comments  (Read 261 times)

Comment Bot

Golgari Deck - Comments
« on: January 09, 2021, 11:22:49 am »

animantis

• Decks
Re: Golgari Deck - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 11:22:49 am »
Anyone with any suggestions, I'm pretty new to the game so I would love to hear them!

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 11:34:38 am »
This list looks quite solid to start with. I would suggest some few changes, though:

1. I would add some more lands (but still keeping the list 60 cards). 22-23 lands should be fine, looking at your mana curve. Otherwise you could add cards like Skull Prophet to accelerate your mana (it also is a decent hitter and fills your graveyard if needed).
2. If you have cards available I would try to get some more cards for 3 mana in. The overflow of 2 mana cards is a little to much (I would say).
3. (not necessary) Switch Naturalize with Return to Nature which gives you one more way to use it by attacking the opponents graveyard.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

animantis

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 04:53:36 am »
Akira, love the return to nature suggestion, I haven't even seen that card. Thank you. I usually do 20 land decks because statistically, I should have 3 land by turn 3 when going first. When I've tried adding more, I find myself losing my board presence without a reliable card draw. I'll continue looking for good 3 drops and see if I can fill out the curve better.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 06:48:38 am »
Akira, love the return to nature suggestion, I haven't even seen that card. Thank you. I usually do 20 land decks because statistically, I should have 3 land by turn 3 when going first. When I've tried adding more, I find myself losing my board presence without a reliable card draw. I'll continue looking for good 3 drops and see if I can fill out the curve better.

Just to quickly come back to your list (and because of the Kaldheim spoilers):

Instead of Naturalize / Return to Nature maybe Broken Wings is nice for you, since you mentioned that your list lacks air control.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

animantis

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 11:02:44 pm »
Thank you Akira for another great suggestion!