deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: [Modern] Life brings Death, feedback request  (Leído 426 veces)

MPFW

• I'm the black Pokémon trainer...
  • Decks
[Modern] Life brings Death, feedback request
« en: Enero 19, 2021, 12:48:38 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/166216/1897282-life-brings-death/en

Hi everyone,

I am looking for feedback on this life control kinda deck. It's black and white deck based killing your own creatures and reviving them using there ETB life gain effects twice and more efficiently and activating sould wardens effect even more. I have two win conditions: Angel of Destiny and spamming angels and demons with Skirsdag High Priest and Speaker of the Heavens. Emeria will help getting back my bigger creatures and sword of the animist will mana ramp the deck so the kill and rebirth combo can happen at the same turn, not lowering any block and getting optimum use of dawn of hope: milling to Lurrus, Orah and Angel of Destinity.

I feel like the deck isnt as consistent as it could be.
I feel like I ain't have optimized the combos and they could be far better and happen more.
I feel like I missed cards or find in difficult to cut some cards.
The deck is filled with clerics since I wanted to base the deck on cleric inspiring +1/+1 effects but on the first go but found this win condition and idea far more interesting. Perhaps there are some ideas for non-cleric cards who work better.

« Última modificación: Enero 19, 2021, 01:37:33 am por MPFW »
-Perseverance-

jlutzxinc

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Life brings Death, feedback request
« Respuesta #1 en: Enero 19, 2021, 01:21:39 am »
It will be difficult for anyone to help you without a link to the Deck you want feedback on.  Can you edit the original post to include it?

MPFW

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Enero 19, 2021, 01:38:57 am »
It will be difficult for anyone to help you without a link to the Deck you want feedback on.  Can you edit the original post to include it?

Hahah, fairly good point. Ain't that familiar to this forum yet. I added in right on top.
-Perseverance-

Federico Rosano

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Enero 19, 2021, 08:21:03 am »
To me it looks like the main win strategy is to swing for damage with the beaters. The life-gain mechanics seems a support strategy of the game and doesn't actually add nothing to your win condition. Why not combine the two? What about lifelink creatures + Sanguine Bond?
Anyway I would drop out every card that doesn't suit the strategy. Sword of the Animist and Lurrus of the Dream-Den are two of them.
Revitalize is not gonna make you win and it's a bad card to draw midgame, imo.

Here's my current build I play with. I'm focused more on life gain/drain using small creatures, Blood Artist, Suture Priest and the Cliffhaven Vampire. As you can see, all the cards interact with each other: no matter the card I draw, it's a matter of is it's good or perfect for the strategy.
https://deckstats.net/decks/88072/755002-life-control

MPFW

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Enero 19, 2021, 02:16:03 pm »
Thanks :). Based on your feedback I've done a lot of changes. I removed some big swingers to make more place for some smaller token summoning to trigger the effects of the cards you've proposed. Although I don't feel like my creatures die enough and I my main cards are to valuable to sacrifice them or summon to little tokens/resummon valuable creatures again.

What do you think of the deck right now? Where are some points to get?

https://deckstats.net/decks/166216/1897282-life-brings-death
-Perseverance-

MPFW

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Enero 19, 2021, 05:12:07 pm »
To me it looks like the main win strategy is to swing for damage with the beaters. The life-gain mechanics seems a support strategy of the game and doesn't actually add nothing to your win condition. Why not combine the two? What about lifelink creatures + Sanguine Bond?
Anyway I would drop out every card that doesn't suit the strategy. Sword of the Animist and Lurrus of the Dream-Den are two of them.
Revitalize is not gonna make you win and it's a bad card to draw midgame, imo.

Here's my current build I play with. I'm focused more on life gain/drain using small creatures, Blood Artist, Suture Priest and the Cliffhaven Vampire. As you can see, all the cards interact with each other: no matter the card I draw, it's a matter of is it's good or perfect for the strategy.
https://deckstats.net/decks/88072/755002-life-control

Revision 20

Newest Version
-Perseverance-