deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Hydra Deck! (Hail Hydra) - Comments  (Read 144 times)

Comment Bot

Hydra Deck! (Hail Hydra) - Comments
« on: January 21, 2021, 01:55:55 am »

Bonethousand

• Decks
Re: Hydra Deck! (Hail Hydra) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 01:55:55 am »

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 01:57:11 am »
And get more non-conditional card draw. Harmonize, Return of the Wildspeaker, Greater Good

jabe

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 03:14:20 am »
I feel like card draw here is a bit lacking. No offense, but colossal majesty is a colossal POS. Regrowth is good, but kind of just a cantrip/recursion. Here are some green card draw ideas (some may be pricier than others)

1) inspiring call - +1/+1 counter synergy draw spell? And your creachies get indestructible? Hell yeah!

2+3) elemental bond or guardian project - much better than colossal POS

4) rishkar's expertise - like return of the wild speaker but you get a free card on the B for free!

5) Then there's always greater good if your hydras get big. You will draw big time with that and I think it's fairly reasonable buy atm. And always nice to have if one of your big hydras is about to die anyway - sac it to the good, fill your hand back up.

6) Lifeblood Hydra cause who doesn't like quandrant theory (hydra, card draw, life gain). He does everything! (a bit spendy but not bad)

Hunter's insight > Hunter's prowess

I guess I like drawing cards...but I'd say you want 10 card draw spells total to keep on the gas

Random other thoughts:

Instead of canopy cover - do a whispersilk cloak!

For ramp - I think Rhonas's Monument could be pretty good here since it reduces all green creature spells by 1 and can buff another guy with trample (Seems like you wanna do that). Probably need more ramp anyway since you're commander is 6 cmc.

Some single target spells that seem pretty good -
Blossoming defense
invigorating surge
mortal's resolve
Primal Bellow
Bear Umbra

Protect ALL your creach
Heroic Intervention or budget version Wrap in Vigor

Anyways, just some thoughts. Hope to play with you again soon!