deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Time Spiral Remastered  (Read 786 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Time Spiral Remastered
« on: March 07, 2021, 05:03:02 pm »
So how does everyone feel about the previews and the concept of this set?

link for those that haven't seen the previews....https://mythicspoiler.com/tsr/index.html
This space for rent.

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
Re: Time Spiral Remastered
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 05:26:12 pm »
Meh?

I was on a very long hiatus from the game during the time period the original block rolled out so don't have any experiences with the cards in either Draft or Standard so there's no nostalgia factor.  I guess I'm glad it's another way to get some needed reprints out there but I don't see myself buying that much of it.  Mostly I'm hoping that it gives me a shot at getting Sliver Legion at something less than a mortgage payment for my house.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 05:44:21 pm »
As a lover of the old frame, seeing some favourites get an old frame print for the first time (Gary, Stinky Imp, Cranial Plating, Hollow one, manifold key) is very cool to me.

Other than that though, it's not particularly exciting. Original time spiral was supposed to be a really fun draft environment, but with everything going on in the world, drafting isn't really an option for many people. It certainly isn't for me. Unfortunately I think it's quality will be hugely overshadowed by the state of the world.

Conceptually I think it's phenomenal. I would personally like to see the "make a new card in the old frame" become a regular thing for masters sets. I don't think the old frame should come back or anything, but giving people that choice and option is wonderful.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 11:50:13 pm »
Unfortunately I think it's quality will be hugely overshadowed by the state of the world.

A friend of mine preordered a box for after the pandemic, or at least until he can get a group of vaccinated people together. I have a box of Jumpstart on my shelf waiting for the same opportunity. You could always just do the same. Buy a box and sit on it. You can be certain that there is going to be one hell of a party when this is all over.

Talking about the set itself now, I fond that so many of the cards just look a lot better with the old frame. There is something really appealing with the rustic look of the red cards, or the parchment paper textbox for green cards.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 03:26:15 am »
Yeah, I've honestly always liked the old border better. I usually get the older versions of every card I can for my decks, with a few exceptions like the newer Cryptic Command art and newer Sol Ring.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.