deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Best targets for Radiate  (Read 1138 times)

krichaiushii

• Decks
Best targets for Radiate
« on: March 13, 2021, 12:08:39 pm »
Radiate has the potential for hilarity, and always has.

I know how it works with Clutch of the Undercity (because I have died trying this because I am bad at math), and smile at the potential of Radiating Fractured Identity.

My question is what other spells in any color have the same potential for 'everyone scoops or dies' chaos as these two spells?

Does running Radiate alongside these types of spells make me a bad Magic player, or just one you'd rather not see at your table?  Because it isn't necessarily kingmaking, but chaos for its own sake.

Thank you,

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Best targets for Radiate
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 02:25:01 pm »
Anything with a wide range of targets works well with Radiate.

Anguished Unmaking, Assassin's Trophy, Beast Within, Chaos Warp, Generous Gift, Vindicate. There's a good number of them.

Ideally you will also have something that gives your side of the field indestructible or hexproof, something to turn this into a one-sided effect.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 09:30:18 pm »
Arcbond would be interesting. Depending on how many creatures are out, you could deal a single point of damage somewhere to kill everyone after using Radiate on it.

NehebTheUnworthy

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 06:25:01 am »
Because it isn't necessarily kingmaking, but chaos for its own sake.

Maybe Chandra's Ignition then? That would be funny on a full board.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 03:00:13 pm »
what about Backlash or Friendly Fire? The latter one is for most likely for real gamblers, but would doesn't require an additional color.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

krichaiushii

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 09:45:31 pm »
Several delicious ideas within, particularly Generous Gift, Chaos Warp, Arcbond, and Friendly FireChandra's Ignition only affects creatures you control, so is less amusing.

Note that Backlash is the best answer to Blightsteel Colossus.

Full disclosure, Radiate is currently being slotted into a Zedruu deck I am working at (not the pristamucobrusx... whatever in my decks folder), so the Red, White, and Blue cards will get priority for my April purchase.

That said, Arcbond and Friendly Fire play nice with the Repercussion in my Heartless Hidetsugu deck, and that is already built....

Thank you!