deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Edgar Markov  (Read 2175 times)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Edgar Markov
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 09:09:25 pm »
I try to limit myself to only 3 or 4 lands that enter tapped.  And they need to help me out in some way.

Path of Ancestry is good in that it will let you scry a lot because you are playing vampire tribal.
Savai Triome is ok because it can cycle if you don't need it.

I would drop Nomad Outpost (strictly inferior to the triome).  If your color fixing is good, then you won't need it.
And also Unclaimed Territory.  It only makes color if you're casting a vampire.  And if your color fixing is otherwise good, you don't need it.

Then your only tapped lands will the Path, the triome, and Bojuka Bog.  then you have the shocks - you won't always take the shock, and the check lands.

I also noticed that you have no basic plains or basic mountains.  I would run at least a couple of each.  If you get Blood Moon'ed, you'll end up mono-black.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Mayday

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2021, 02:07:43 am »
I try to limit myself to only 3 or 4 lands that enter tapped.  And they need to help me out in some way.

Path of Ancestry is good in that it will let you scry a lot because you are playing vampire tribal.
Savai Triome is ok because it can cycle if you don't need it.

I would drop Nomad Outpost (strictly inferior to the triome).  If your color fixing is good, then you won't need it.
And also Unclaimed Territory.  It only makes color if you're casting a vampire.  And if your color fixing is otherwise good, you don't need it.

Then your only tapped lands will the Path, the triome, and Bojuka Bog.  then you have the shocks - you won't always take the shock, and the check lands.

I also noticed that you have no basic plains or basic mountains.  I would run at least a couple of each.  If you get Blood Moon'ed, you'll end up mono-black.

If that's the case, is it worthwhile to reconsider Temple of Malice and Temple of Silence for the scry benefit instead of Unclaimed Territory and Nomad Outpost?

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2021, 02:59:49 am »
I'm 50/50 on it.  I sometimes run the scry lands.  I find with adequate card draw and mana fixing, they're not really necessary.  Early game good.  Late game bummer.

Do you like the scry?  Do you feel the scry 1 once is worth the land entering tapped?
Happy Brewing!

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2021, 09:29:17 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/83009/1963004-markov-mardu/en

Question: I am looking at Savai Triome and Path of Ancestry, which both come in tapped but have synergies with my deck. Are they still worthwhile to remain in the deck? Or should they be swapped out with something else?

They both worth to play. Nomad Outpost is a card which you can drop, because savai triome is just the better nomad outpost.
Bojuka Bog, Savai Triome and Path of ancestry should be your only tapped lands.

Bojuka - Gravehate on a landdrop? Nice
Savai Triome - cycling and a land which is a Swamp, Mountain or Plains is totally worth playing
Path of ancestry is kinda must have for tribal decks.

I wouldn´t play the temple cards because scry 1 is not worth the speed loss in my opinion. Not in a deck like markov. I would swap them for a mountain and a plains because you don´t have even one of them.

Mayday

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2021, 09:17:42 pm »
Thanks guys. I removed Nomad Outpost and Unclaimed Territory and swapped them with a Plains and a Mountain.

One more question: For the Boros Signet, does it make more sense to have something like Heraldic Banner? It may have better synergies with the deck since all my vampires have black with the exception of Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle and Rakish Heir.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2021, 12:10:36 am »
One more question: For the Boros Signet, does it make more sense to have something like Heraldic Banner? It may have better synergies with the deck since all my vampires have black with the exception of Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle and Rakish Heir.

If you want the anthem effect, it's not a bad way to go, as it doubles as a mana rock.  But as mana rocks go - 2 mana CMC is way better than 3 mana CMC.
Happy Brewing!

Mayday

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2021, 04:16:03 pm »
If you want the anthem effect, it's not a bad way to go, as it doubles as a mana rock.  But as mana rocks go - 2 mana CMC is way better than 3 mana CMC.

Makes sense. I'll keep the Boros Signet for now. Thanks!

Asura

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2021, 08:42:35 pm »
Hi.. i'm a great fan of vampires too, and have a Edgar build too, so i can share some information about how that works from me

1 - Creatures i don't like and why:
Viscera Seer - It's not an Aristocrat and a based-creature aggro does not benefit by losing creatures
Cruel Celebrant - the same, and i think have better drop 2)
Marauding Blight-Priest  - i sadly think this creature is very bad, but can works good with Sanctum Seeker
Vampire Cutthroat - I tried this card on the deck a long time, but it does the same as any chip 1/1 vampire token :/
Vona, Butcher of Magan - 7 life is very high, usually I don't have to worry about destroying things, the game is over before that. i really preffer Licia, Sanguine Tribune, but i don't use it in my build too.
Malakir Cullblade  - weak... I'll explain what to replace.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 - Replacements

Rakish Heir in place of Malakir Cullblade: Rakish is better and too fast than Cullblade, in early game if you worry about removing creatures, you will not play creatures and your game will be slow. Rakish improve your vamps at combat damage...
I usually play 1 vamp in turn 1 and make 1 token
in turn 2 I play another vamp and put another token > in turn 3 with him on the field the chance of the 4 vampires gain his marker is very high since someone is still going to be ramping.
or you can put Metallic Mimic (but i don't like)

Knight of the Ebon Legion for me it's the best drop 1 vamp, and Dusk Legion Zealot is a good replacement for Cruel Celebrant: draw is ever welcome and is monoB and easier to play.

Mirror Entity: i hate put other types at tribals, even a changeling (even knowing Changeling is a vampire too, so put the eminence token) but this card is broken: changing the base status of all your creatures at instant speed and without even needing to attack or be affected by summoning sickness to activate the ability is insanely strong in the late game.

i preffer  Vanquisher's Banner than Door of Destinies cause the draw!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 - Other good Synergies
Pillar of Origins - an owesome tribal ramp
Cathars' Crusade + Cauldron of Souls: Your creatures are immortals and gigantic full of 1/1 counters
Blood Tribute + tapping Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose to pay the kicker cost = insta kill
Forerunner of the Legion, a 3x1 card creature > token > tutor

that's all i can feedback... sorry for the big text, i hope it help your gameplay!

As i said, i play Edgar too, so if you want, give a  look at my deck and feedback me too!!!

https://deckstats.net/decks/5754/1887715-camarilla-edgar-flamenguista-
"I need never remember my past associates, my victims, my mistakes. Innistrad preserves them all for me."
Sorin Markov