deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Dragons like me, Idk about you tho (No Budget)  (Read 336 times)

tiempo009

• Decks
[Modern] Dragons like me, Idk about you tho (No Budget)
« on: May 06, 2021, 04:40:54 am »
Dragons like me, Idk about you tho (No Budget)

Does anyone have some suggestions for this deck?
Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] Dragons like me, Idk about you tho (No Budget)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 07:42:15 am »
Ok, let's see...

This deck is extremely susceptible to board wipes. You need protection. Heroic Intervention is great for everything, whether it be protecting your creatures in offence, defense or a destruction spell.

You've got a sort of dragon theme going on, as the title suggests, but your only payoff from having Dragons is Dragon Tempest, which gives no triggers of any kind to Scute Swarm, Rhys the Redeemed, or Essence Warden. Everquill Phoenix isn't a Dragon either. So you either want to swap out those cards for more dragons or remove Dragon Tempest which at present seems like 4 wasted slots.

Duel Casting only combos with Rampant Growth and Spitting Image, and requires you to tap the creature to use it. You can remove that, since your deck's theme is creatures, not instants/sorceries.

The key to a good deck is cohesiveness, and right now this deck looks like it's trying to do a couple things at once, those being dragon/flying synergy and creature tokens / duplication.

I hope this advice helps make the deck more effective. Good luck with it!

tiempo009

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 02:53:09 am »
Thank you this all looks like good stuff, I'll be sure to get heroic intervention in there

tiempo009

• Decks

GoliathIII

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 09:07:28 am »
You might think about replacing Rampant Growth with Cultivate, as it puts another land into your hand, which you can use to play Spitting Image instead of waiting to draw another land.
He was born of the Mirari, thrust out of his homeland before he was even aware. Left without purpose or meaning, he found both in the pits.