deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Rule question regarding Blex, Vexing Pest // Search for Blex  (Read 435 times)

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
Rule question regarding Blex, Vexing Pest // Search for Blex
« on: April 15, 2021, 07:06:41 pm »
As the topic says I have a question about the ruling for Blex, Vexing Pest // Search for Blex when he is your commander.

Let's say you cast Search for Blex from the command zone, it resolves, is to be put into the graveyard but redirected to the command zone again. Would the commander tax counter be 0 or 1?
To put it a different way: is Search for Blex also expected to be a commander? (since it is not legendary)
It's a bit difficult for me to find an answer, because I think this is the first dual-faced card that can be your commander but has a non-legendary face. ???
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:15:25 pm by Akira Foxmind »
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Rule question regarding Blex, Vexing Pest // Search for Blex
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 07:28:36 pm »
The card itself is still your commander, and you did cast it from the command zone. The next time you go to cast either side, you would still have to pay 2 more mana.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
Re: Rule question regarding Blex, Vexing Pest // Search for Blex
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 07:33:27 pm »
The card itself is still your commander, and you did cast it from the command zone. The next time you go to cast either side, you would still have to pay 2 more mana.

Thanks for explaining.
Though, I'm not sure whether I like the idea of having a sorcery/instant in my command zone. ::)
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.