deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Collection import from MTG Card Manage‪r‬ (Dragon Shield)  (Read 1417 times)

k0shiii

• Patron
  • Decks
Hi there! Is it possible to add native support for the CSV format of the Dragon Shield - MTG Card Manage‪r‬ mobile app? It is a really good scanner app that has almost all editions including variants, promos, specials etc. of cards. It doesn't export all its information, but the most important bits - see example below. It'd be great if one wouldn't have to change the CSV headers and some column formats (like "Foil" being boolean and condition being different syntax and even levels) before getting it into deckstats via import!  ;D

Code: [Select]
Quantity,Name,Expansion Code,Expansion Name,PurchasePrice,Foil,Condition,Language,PurchaseDate
1,"Acclaimed Contender",eld,Throne of Eldraine,0.03,false,NearMint,English,20210417
4,"Adherent of Hope",m21,Core Set 2021,0.1,false,NearMint,German,20210417
1,"Akoum Hellhound",znr,Zendikar Rising,0.01,false,NearMint,German,20210417
2,"Alchemist's Gift",m21,Core Set 2021,0.01,false,NearMint,German,20210416
6,"Almighty Brushwagg",iko,Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths,0.01,false,NearMint,German,20210417
1,"Angelic Ascension",m21,Core Set 2021,0.01,false,NearMint,German,20210417

Nils

• Decks
Re: Collection import from MTG Card Manage‪r‬ (Dragon Shield)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 03:09:02 pm »
Hi!

I have just updated our collection import tool to support "Expansion Code" as a column name and to understand "NearMint" as a condition code. If you could send me a sample of the other condition codes used by the app I could make sure we can convert those as well.

The other column names and the true/false encoding for Foil was already supported anyway, so please try to upload your CSV again now and let me know how it goes.

k0shiii

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 10:34:41 pm »
Awesome, thanks! Here's an export using all the available conditions (in degrading order):

Quantity,Name,Expansion Code,Expansion Name,PurchasePrice,Foil,Condition,Language,PurchaseDate
1,"Caged Zombie",m21,Core Set 2021,0.05,true,Mint,English,20210428
1,"Extremely Slow Zombie",ust,Unstable,0.09,false,NearMint,English,20210428
1,"Gangrenous Zombies",cst,Coldsnap Theme Decks,0.1,false,Excellent,English,20210428
1,"Gnawing Zombie",mm3,Modern Masters 2017,0.03,false,Good,English,20210428
1,"Lifebane Zombie",m14,Magic 2014,0.13,false,LightPlayed,English,20210428
1,"Whipstitched Zombie",pcy,Prophecy,0.03,false,Played,English,20210428
1,"Zombie Scavengers",wth,Weatherlight,0.03,false,Poor,English,20210428

k0shiii

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 10:41:28 pm »
Here's another export which shows the feature of setting specific card variants (v) and promos (p) which seem to be represented by a prefix letter on the set identifier. Also their set names are more specific than other formats, presumably:

1,"Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger",sld,Secret Lair Drop,54.7,false,NearMint,English,20210428
1,"Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger",pthb,Theros Beyond Death Promos,28.69,false,NearMint,English,20210428
1,"Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger",vthb,Theros Beyond Death Variants,42.99,false,NearMint,English,20210428

Not sure if you want this kind of information, but it would be a compromise maybe to change "pthb" or "vthb" into "thb" during import instead of warning for an unknown set?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 12:25:10 pm »
Thanks k0shiii!

It looks like the condition codes are unfortunately a bit different from the grades that we use. Our gradings go (Near-)Mint > Lightly Played > Moderately Played > Heavily Played > Damaged. So more than half the conditions you listed (Mint > Near Mint > Excellent > Good > LightPlayed) map somewhere between the first and second level for us.

I'd suggest that we convert the codes like this, but some information will get lost along the way:

Mint, NearMint: (Near-)Mint
Excellent, Good, LightPlayed: Lightly Played
Played: Medium Played
Poor: Damaged

I'll have a look at the set codes as well. We are using PTHB for THB promos as well though, so these should just work. Do you get an error about pthb being an unknown set?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 02:43:25 pm »
Alright, I have made some more updates. The lists you sent should all be imported properly now. It will show messages like these to tell you what's going on:

Interpreted set "vthb" as Theros Beyond Death on line #10
    Interpreted condition "Mint" as Mint/Near-Mint
    Interpreted condition "NearMint" as Mint/Near-Mint
    Interpreted condition "Excellent" as Lightly Played