deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Set Name/Set Code/ShortCode Reference  (Read 366 times)

Philology

• Decks
Set Name/Set Code/ShortCode Reference
« on: April 21, 2021, 11:37:14 pm »
Hello, deckstats devs!
I have noticed that the text collection export and the CSV collection export use different set codes, and in particular the CSV export using the shortcode rather than the product code makes using the exported CSV rather difficult, as a reference must then be built mapping deckstats' shortcodes to the more commonly-used product codes. Is there documentation somewhere on the site that has a table mapping the set name > shortcode > productcode? Better yet, could the product code be added to the CSV in addition to or instead of the shortcode? This is already present on the text export (it takes the form of COUNT [productCode] CARDNAME #note (LNG=languageCode) (COND=conditionCode)) and ideally the same data would be available in the CSV.

Please accept my apologies if this has already been asked an answered!

Nils

• Decks
Re: Set Name/Set Code/ShortCode Reference
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 02:48:00 pm »
Hi, thank you for question. You raise a very good point.

To be completely honest I don't actually remember why we are not using our normal set codes there. I suspect I changed this years ago for compatibility with some other site, but I think these days the 3-letter codes are common enough that this is no longer necessary.

I have now gone ahead and changed our collection export tool to always use 3-letter set codes. Hopefully this will make life easier for you!

Please contact the user “admin” or email [email protected] if you have any questions about Deckstats!

Philology

• Decks
Re: Set Name/Set Code/ShortCode Reference
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 04:33:51 pm »
Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and address this - you have my gratitude and that of many others as well who may have been scratching their heads when working with the shortcodes.