deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Modern Horizons 2 bingo  (Read 1519 times)

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
Re: Modern Horizons 2 bingo
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 11:40:49 am »
Now that I think about it, how about a new cycle of Planeswalker-related spells? I'm thinking of more cards like Kaya's Guile with modes and the Entwine-ability.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
Re: Modern Horizons 2 bingo
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 06:23:21 pm »
New Lord for Satyrs? Except Gallia of the Endless Dance we don't have good Satyr Lord, that isn't Legendary. Yes, we have Xenagos, the Reveler, for spawn-token Lordish Planeswalker, but no good true Baronish Lord that isn't Legendary. Centaurs have it in Pheres-Band Warchief that gives good vigilance and trample and I play a set it with a set of Call of the Conclave and 2x Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage as well as Trostani, Selesnya's Voice to make good tokens. I also hope for another lord of the Centaurs. Why not? The Satyrs? Oh, I love playing the Heroic Satyrs as Satyr Hoplite and Setessan Oathsworn with good Ghor-Clan Rampager to give them Trample and +4/+4 and Collision // Colossus and Invigorated Rampage to further boost their Heroic with Trample. Many of that particular Tribe are Enchantment Creatures from Theros like Boon Satyr and Nyxborn Rollicker. The Centaurs however receive further a boost in my opinion with Courser of Kruphix, but don't have a significant Legendary Green-White Centaur to correspond with Ravnica and Theros like Pheres-Band does. Oh, there are Green-Red Nikya of the Old Ways and Stonebrow, Krosan Hero to include in the Satyr deck, but so far: no good Legendary Green-White Centaur, while the Satyrs as Tribe lack good common Lord apart from Gallia.

I also look forward to more "Bantish" Knights that ride Fleecemane Lions like Rafiq of the Many, Ethercaste Knight, Kabira Vindicator and Citadel Castellan. Very noble Tribal deck. Initially it was "Duel Decks: Knights" but grew to include little Blue. I have it at home. Good White-Green with Blue "wristbands" since there aren't other Blues except Rafiq and the Ethercaste that ride particularly Lions for card art and flavor. There aren't more than 7 or 8 White-Blue Knights in Magic altogether that are these colors. There are double: more than 15 White-Green. In Modern we speak. I couldn't include more than 2 by each that is riding Lion. Also why not putting Wolf Riders in Horizons 2? As Armored Wolf Rider, that is particularly a vanilla card, I put 1, since it's for 5 mana 4/6 that has lovely art and flavor. Ledev Champion isn't that memorable and puts only Human tokens. New Lords for Bantish Knights? There are actually no White-Green-Blue Knights except Rafiq of the Many. So, bring some new. Ranger-Captain of Eos, should be noted as good Soldier that's riding Lion, but very expensive and over-priced; one of the few of this particular art and flavor. Oh, and the Bant soldiers can easily be updated. There are good 4 White-Green-Blue soldiers: Bant Sureblade, Bant Sojourners, Giltspire Avenger and Waveskimmer Aven. All with Exalted, that's good for a similar deck like mine, but they're soldiers and I don't want to put them. Bant Soldiers? Can be made, but I made Boros Soldiers. Easier and more memorable. However, Elspeth Tirel can see a White-Red alternative for flavor and White-Red Soldiers with Battalion and triggered abilities like Mentor and Boros Challenger, Boros Elite, Legion Loyalist, Wojek Halberdiers, Akroan Hoplite and Ordruun Veteran.