deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: token deck needs work?  (Lu 1536 fois)

Wildnightmare

• Decks
token deck needs work?
« le: Mai 04, 2021, 12:47:34 pm »
token

Open for suggestions TRY NOT TO BREAK THE BANK please :D

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: token deck needs work?
« Réponse #1 le: Mai 04, 2021, 02:33:50 pm »
Drop search for tommorow and use either farseek and/or rampant growth. I would be cutting anything related to the +1 +1 counters because this is a token deck. Stick with the theme of the deck to make it run consistantly.  Focus on your win cons of epic struggle and Biovisionary. I would then start adding cards like second harvest, Rishkar's Expertise, Return of the Wildspeaker, Guardian Project for starters. Then categorize everything into removal, ramp, creatures, token creaters, land and so on. This way others can see what your trying to do and also make suggestions as well.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

fluffyp

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Mai 04, 2021, 10:30:16 pm »
I might add Quest for Renewal.  It's a cheap(ish) way to give your creatures vigilance.  It's not Seedborn Muse, but it's cheaper, and as an enchantment it is a little bit more resistant against removal spells (at least in my playgroup as we don't tend to run much enchantment hate).  A cheaper, token generating planeswalker, like Garruk, Primal Hunter or Nissa, Voice of Zendikar will cost less than a dollar too.  I'm not sure what your budget is and what you would consider "breaking the bank".  I don't see, for instance, Avenger of Zendikar on your list.  It's a $10 card, so I can see why, but it could be worth the investment for the one card.  Similarly, Beastmaster Ascension is a common way for token decks to deal big damage, but it's also a $10 card.  If Beastmaster isn't the way, a one-turn effect like Overwhelming Stampede might be worth it, and that's much more affordable.  Full Flowering is a fantastic sorcery for token decks (actually, do a search for the key term "populate").  A little more expensive, but fun, is Tempt with Reflections - again, it's about $8 so that might be too over-budget for you.  Garruk's Uprising, Elemental Bond, Zendikar's Roil, Sandwurm Convergence, Followed Footsteps and Hadana's Climb are all useful enchantments for a token deck. I hope any of these suggestions are interesting and helpful to you! Have fun with your new deck :D

entropize

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Mai 05, 2021, 01:13:25 am »

Wildnightmare

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Mai 05, 2021, 09:16:46 am »
Question for the 3 of you and anyone else reading this, How do my lands look, I feel like I have to many lands that enter tapped...

@Robort I just Categorized them by type thank you for that suggestion (this is my first deck uploaded)

@Fluffyp All the cards uploaded are cards I already own so i don't want to spend to much more if I can help it lol, I agree my group also lacks in enchantment removal so that's a big plus. There are a lot of good suggestions that I am writing down. Any cards you would suggest to sub out?

@Entropize I think I do need to add a Plains walker and both of those are great suggestions Any cards you would recomend getting rid of from this deck?   

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Mai 05, 2021, 02:26:32 pm »
Yes you do want to try to have no lands coming in tapped. There is exotic orchard, hinterland harbor, Rejuvenating Springs, Barkchannel Pathway, vineglimmer snarl, flooded grove, waterlogged grove, and botanical sanctum. All these are under 10 dollars or less. I would also drop panharmonicon because there isn't enough etb creatures for this to consistantly work. I would run this card in your deck as well Spawnwrithe because it makes tokens and actually helps go wide.

Wildnightmare

• Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Mai 06, 2021, 09:03:14 am »
Alright after some review thses cards are on the potental drop list. Return of the wildspeaker, Temple of mystery, Lumbering falls, Terastodon, Krosan grip, shamanic revelation, panharmonicon, kazandu tuskcaller, zimone, Quandrix prodigy. myriad landscape
Input is greatly apricated!!

fluffyp

• Decks
« Réponse #7 le: Mai 06, 2021, 09:44:35 pm »
Hmm you are right about lands, though you have enough in the deck that it probably doesn't matter too much if some come in tapped.  I personally almost never run lands that come in tapped, but that does push the cost up if you want to run lands that offer more than one colour of mana.  I would personally ditch Simic Growth Chamber like a hot potato unless you're running a discard deck.  I know, it gives 2 mana, but oh my goodness I draw too many bounce lands on turn 1 and 2.  I've run a lot of decks using almost entirely basic lands though, and I honestly don't have too many issues ramping or just keeping up.  The key there is keeping the mana cost of your other spells down as well, but green has a bunch of ramp sorceries and blue has a load of card draw, so honestly, if you're worried about cost and you are concerned your lands come in tapped, just run more basics and swap in a couple more ramp spells maybe.

You may find that if you aim to focus slightly more on tokens rather than counters and tokens, you could cut a few things here and there without missing them (though honestly, counters and tokens is kind of my thing - works its way into almost every deck, whether that's my focus or not!).  If this were my deck and I were making cuts, I would probably swap The Bears of Littjara out for a different enchantment.  It's going away anyway and though it makes a token, the synergy isn't really there with the rest of your deck.  You don't, I think, have any other shapeshifters, for instance.  It's not bad, but it's not adding much.  The third tier is particularly lacklustre, unless your group runs a serious amount of proliferate and has creatures that run into the 100s with their toughness (it does happen, my friend smacked me with a 160 power creature with trample the other day just to ram through my 52 2/3 tokens, haha, not to mention he was running a clone deck and that massive creature ... yeah, kind of my fault).

Similarly with Reflections of Littjara.  I didn't get the feeling from your decklist that you are going for any sort of tribal synergy, so choosing a creature type style cards are not really that great.  Again, not bad, but could definitely be swapped for a stronger enchantment that doesn't break the bank.  I am also not personally a fan of Simic Ascendancy, but that's just me, it will work well in your deck if you don't choose to slim down the counters sub-theme.

I may also consider cutting Eureka Moment.  I know, it puts a land out, but personally, I still think it's expensive for 2 cards, when blue has so many more ways to draw cards.  Same with Nissa's Expedition.  Yes, your creatures can help pay the cost, but ... it's not bad, but I'd rather have some enchantments that stick around and draw you cards every time a creature enters the battlefield or something.  If you only bought one card and put your entire budget to that (and it's only $7) I would suggest Zendikar Resurgent.  Doubles your mana and draws a card every time you cast a creature spell.  A handy artifact, if you prefer, is Lifecrafter's Bestiary, which lets you scry and when you play a creature you can pay one green and draw a card.  Or if you want to stick with creatures, Tatyova, Benthic Druid ($4).  No, she doesn't make tokens, but she has landfall, gains you life and draws a card.  If you're running blue/green I can't see how you can resist (sorry, I get way too excited building decks and I like trying to keep to budgets - it controls power creep, provides challenge and my playgroup has a fun time).  My final suggestion for a card might be Ezuri's Predation.  You have cards that care about 4/4 and this sorcery can put a LOT of them into play.  It is a few dollars, but oh so worth (more worth than Nissa's Expedition).

I'm assuming this deck is essentially an upgrade for the precon commander deck just released?  It's a decent deck as is, so most of your changes will still be good regardless.  I've offered a few options to sub out (assuming you may sub in some of my previous suggestions), but I do completely understand why you wouldn't want to spend much more money on it.  Good luck either way - last time I played the precon against my playgroup this deck bounced back from boardwipes ridiculously quickly.  By the end, I realised I'd forgotten half the double the tokens triggers and I still had no issues rebuilding my board time and time again.  Have fun :D

Wildnightmare

• Decks
« Réponse #8 le: Mai 07, 2021, 09:46:50 am »
Minor changes made...

@Fluffypy Very detailed notes, Thank you! I will be looking into more changes tonight :)

ombrelame

• Decks
« Réponse #9 le: Mai 07, 2021, 11:39:34 am »
If your commander is Adrix, I disagree the previous comment suggesting you to remove Pnaharmonicon.
It's so huge to double your tokens 2 times. Keep it for sure !

I'm currently building Adrix and Nev on my side.
I'm in "searching cards" process, so feel free to take a look to what I gathered until now ;)

I took some idea as well from your list and this discussion, so thanks as well.

fluffyp

• Decks
« Réponse #10 le: Mai 07, 2021, 08:19:35 pm »
I would also keep Panharmonicon.  You have it in there for your commander's triggered ability only, but boy will it trigger!  If you HAVE to make a cut, then you don't need it, but it could be so fun to pop off and create millions of tokens (or counters).

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #11 le: Mai 07, 2021, 08:55:08 pm »
I would also keep Panharmonicon.  You have it in there for your commander's triggered ability only, but boy will it trigger!  If you HAVE to make a cut, then you don't need it, but it could be so fun to pop off and create millions of tokens (or counters).
but how many creatures create tokens? From the Op’s fist iteration of the deck there wasn’t that many. Don”t need pan harmonicas being a dead card

Wildnightmare

• Decks
« Réponse #12 le: Mai 11, 2021, 12:42:15 pm »
Question. Is there a simple equation for if there is more than one Adrix and Nev, Twincasters on the field? 
In my trial game thanks to sakashima of a thousand faces I was able to copy Adrix and have a total of 5....
I did not know how to do the math for adding tokens after that.

Qyngxie

• Decks
« Réponse #13 le: Mai 11, 2021, 12:59:01 pm »
Question. Is there a simple equation for if there is more than one Adrix and Nev, Twincasters on the field? 
In my trial game thanks to sakashima of a thousand faces I was able to copy Adrix and have a total of 5....
I did not know how to do the math for adding tokens after that.
I think you want the "powers of two" function, because each Adrix and Nev, Twincasters replaces "create X tokens" with "create 2X tokens".  With one Adrix and Nev you get two (2^1) tokens for every one you'd otherwise get, and with two you get four (2^2).  Five A&N would then be 32 (2^5) tokens for each, or "create 32X tokens".

Trigger multipliers like Panharmonicon complicate this, but I see you've removed that, so it won't matter for now.

Wildnightmare

• Decks
« Réponse #14 le: Mai 11, 2021, 01:04:32 pm »
jlutzxinc, That is a great explanation!! 2^X (and x being how many Adrix are currently on the field!)
That is going to save so much time when trying to explain it in my friend group! I build this whole deck with the idea of Sakahima copying and going crazy so this is perfect!! THANK YOU!