deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Modern Horizons Spoilers  (Read 7442 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2021, 02:12:52 am »

Svyelun, God of Sea and Sky
1UU
Legendary Creature - Merfolk God
If you control two other merfolks, Svyelun, God of Sea and Sky has indestructible.

When Svyelun, God of Sea and Sky attacks, draw a card.

Other merfolk you control have Ward 1.

3/4

And it's illustrated by Seb McKinnon. I need one yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2021, 03:50:41 am »
I'm pretty excited so far. Rift Sower seems potentially playable, and green getting a Yawgmoth's Will (albeit with suspend) is fantastic. Scared of Disapprove, though. That would massively screw over all of my favorite decks.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2021, 09:55:02 am »
I'm pretty excited so far. Rift Sower seems potentially playable, and green getting a Yawgmoth's Will (albeit with suspend) is fantastic. Scared of Disapprove, though. That would massively screw over all of my favorite decks.

Is Disapprove really that bad? Reminds me of Sudden Spoiling, due to the fact that it must be sacrificed at the beginning of the next end step. Or am I missing some broken interaction? (Apart from the fact that it draws a card, but you know, blue...)
Golgari is life. And death.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2021, 10:56:10 am »
Is Disapprove really that bad? Reminds me of Sudden Spoiling, due to the fact that it must be sacrificed at the beginning of the next end step. Or am I missing some broken interaction? (Apart from the fact that it draws a card, but you know, blue...)
I believe it shuts down ETB as well, which might be a concern. Could also find ways to get it to stick around.

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2021, 11:33:58 am »
I believe it shuts down ETB as well, which might be a concern. Could also find ways to get it to stick around.

Mmh, makes sense. Shutting down ETBs is indeed strong. I wonder if there's some combo to make it stick around (there must be for sure...)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2021, 12:49:49 pm »

Mmh, makes sense. Shutting down ETBs is indeed strong. I wonder if there's some combo to make it stick around (there must be for sure...)

Three words:   End.  The.  Turn.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2021, 01:27:04 pm »
All of my favorite decks use creature based combos. Making my creatures into vanilla bodies would ruin the combo unless it were once I could already loop at instant speed.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2021, 01:28:16 pm »

Three words:   End.  The.  Turn.

True, however if I'm not mistaken all repeatable effect that ends the turn (Sundial of the Infinite, Obeka, Brute Chronologist etc.) can only be used during your turn, and Disapprove is sacrificed at the beginning of the end step, not at the beginning of your end step.

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2021, 01:30:04 pm »
All of my favorite decks use creature based combos. Making my creatures into vanilla bodies would ruin the combo unless it were once I could already loop at instant speed.

Makes sense, however unless they have a way to recur it they will only be able to stop you once.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2021, 07:19:10 pm »

I'm honestly in love with this set.

Lonis looks like so much fun, and Legion Vanguard should be really, really good in Alesha.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2021, 12:05:36 am »
Bingo!

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2021, 12:18:17 am »
YESS!!!

Also wow, that's a pretty good card! Finally white is getting some sweet stuff!

(I mean... Not that I particularly care  since I don't play much white 8) )

Jesterskull

• Decks
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2021, 08:59:20 pm »
Actually excited about Nettlecyst... Replacing what I have been lacking in my Treasure Equipment deck.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2021, 05:45:04 pm »
It's over guys. All is on Wizards of the Coast. Nothing special for me. Several cheap cards. I wouldn't give money for mechanics and Squirrels. Only Sterling Grove is worth mentioning along with Sanctum Weaver but the latter's too expensive. I'd only look in cheap things like Rakdos Headliner and Breya's Apprentice. I'm looking forward in making a meaningful 31st Tribal deck Slivers in Red-Green-White, but I have to find the cards. I have the budget, but finding the cards in Bulgaria is difficult.
Regards,
Chavo
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:49:47 pm by Painbearer »

The Golgari Guy

• Decks
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 02:21:08 pm by The Golgari Guy »