deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: D&D Forgotten Realms Spoilers!  (Read 4990 times)

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: D&D Forgotten Realms Spoilers!
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2021, 01:24:42 am »
Yeah, I'm looking at Galea for a potential elf/enchantments deck. I'd finally have a home for the Serra's Sanctum I've been sitting on for years.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Loaded Shaman

• Muscle Mage
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2021, 07:17:59 am »
Apologies for not spoiling these cards sooner!
I wanted to wait a little and see what MTG were trying to do with the set and I've figured it out, mostly. But, before I reveal my thoughts I will post spoilers of cards that do not have any specific lore relating to FR.

Lands

Artefacts

Multicoloured

White

Blue

Black

Red

Green

These are the non-specific Forgotten Realms cards that have been released so far! (Rare cards, anyway)
More to come!

Amazing post, and thank you for taking the time to share these; I'm now looking forward to this set much more than I was before.

anjinsan

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2021, 11:51:49 am »
These are two very different games, so I wouldn't necessarily expect things like the rarity or mana value to reflect their D&D counterparts. PW Kill is just an iconic kill spell, so mission accomplished. Agree about Tasha's, though, it's just a lame mill-esq spell that has nothing to do with the original. Perhaps it's hideous because milling out is such a hideous rule, and the devs are laughing at us because it's so terrible? :-) Sygergy with the cool Ashiod, though, I guess.

Tiamat actually has a nice, if kinda boring, play pattern as a commander. Just pack mostly ramp and a few game-ending dragon bombs, ramp up to her then her ETB tutors for a handful of stuff you can also now afford to play. Not exactly competitive but it feels like a fairly easy deck to build, and functional.

I played against a dungeons EDH deck the other day. It wasn't super powerful but was quite cool, and I don't think the guy had exactly tweaked it yet.

On the whole I like this set, though the lack of Party is a massive bummer. They finally go and print a good mechanic, but then we have a perfect opportunity to see more of it, and what do we get? Dice rolls? They really missed a trick here.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 12:01:44 pm by anjinsan »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2021, 08:08:32 am »
So looking over all the spoilers, there's definitely some equipments and auras that can slot into the Daxos of Meletis deck I'm probably going to piece back together. What has me most excited though is probably Death Tyrant, that looks like some spice for Sidisi.
This space for rent.

Loaded Shaman

• Muscle Mage
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2021, 08:34:20 am »
Scaled Herbalist and Werewolf Pack Leader are two green cards I look forward to experimenting with in Modern.