deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Thantis, the Warweaver - Comments  (Read 201 times)

Comment Bot

Thantis, the Warweaver - Comments
« on: July 15, 2021, 08:52:17 am »

MrSkeleton

• Decks
Re: Thantis, the Warweaver - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 08:52:17 am »
Hey, looking for some thoughts on this Thantis deck I just made. Anything is welcome! I put quite a bit of time into research for this one, so it was hard to pick which ones to put in the final deck. I appreciate any additions or thoughts that come to your mind. Thanks!

MonkiMazz

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 01:21:47 pm »
On first glance, I'd say you need more ramp. Your commander is rather pricey, so you want to have your mana be reliable to cast her. I'd also add at least two more lands, but I guess that's preference.
Other than that, I think the deck needs some redundancy in terms of forced combat. From what I saw, Thantis is your only way to force combat. Maybe add some cards in the 99, so you don't have to completely rely on your commander.
Druids' Repository is awesome, I've never even seen that.
I'm unsure about the Mega Chonkers section, whether or not it synergizes strongly enough with Thantis.
I'ma make my Thantis WIP public - maybe you'll find some ideas in there. The way it is at the moment, I'll still take out ~44 cards and add ~10 more lands and then check what I want to swap in from the Maybeboard.

killakaiser

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 01:53:22 pm »
Personally I'd take out Marchesa's Decree and put in place of it Hissing Miasma. Has the same effect but cost 1 colorless and 2B and is a permanent instead of relying on being monarch. id also take out the tome artifact and also agree with monkimazz, id add some more ramp in there.