deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Can't sort by color?  (Read 455 times)

illakunsaa

• Decks
Can't sort by color?
« on: July 18, 2021, 09:22:02 am »
I have a decklist that I want to sort by color. ie how many white wards I got, how many blue cards I got etc.

There is an option in the display dropdown menu that says "group cards by color" but this seems sort cards by color identity and put zendikar mdfc in the lands section.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Can't sort by color?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 05:18:20 pm »
For a corner case like this you can use the override feature to set the card type and colour identity of a card to something else. Details here:

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,54267.0.html

Jeddahman

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 04:05:27 pm »
Yeah the color sorting is going by color ID instead of actual color of the card. For me it was especially annoying when entering my collection. I sorted all cards by color and wanted to filter the card database by color. Since it filters by color ID instead, it was missing quite a few and I eventually gave up on the whole color filtering idea. Would be cool to add a checkbox to the color filter that switches between ID and actual color.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 12:20:08 pm »
I can have a look at this. Could you please tell me a few examples of cards that are not sorting the way you'd like to sort them right now? That will be very helpful for testing.

Jeddahman

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 06:06:06 pm »
As an example for the deck sorting: https://deckstats.net/decks/140995/1415838-mayael-the-anima/de?revision=29

If you sort by color, you will e.g. find Boros Signet in the multicolor section instead of colorless. Skyshroud Elf is also in the multicolor section but should be green. So the sorting is correct in terms of color identity but not color of the card.

The comprehensive rules say about color (excerpt):
202.2. An object is the color or colors of the mana symbols in its mana cost, regardless of the color of its frame.
202.2b Objects with no colored mana symbols in their mana costs are colorless.

Whereas color identity:
903.4. The Commander variant uses color identity to determine what cards can be in a deck with a certain commander. The color identity of a card is the color or colors of any mana symbols in that card’s mana cost or rules text, plus any colors defined by its characteristic-defining abilities (see rule 604.3) or color indicator (see rule 204).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 06:08:32 pm by Jeddahman »