deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mono Death’s Shadow - Comments  (Read 289 times)

Comment Bot

Mono Death’s Shadow - Comments
« on: July 27, 2021, 01:04:11 pm »

DanyTheWarrior

• Decks
Re: Mono Death’s Shadow - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 01:04:11 pm »
I think having aggresive one-drops (e.g. Bloodsoaked Champion, Vampire Lacerator...) to enable Scourge of the Skyclaves is more valuable than having so many tutors because of the redundancy. That also allows, if you *really* want to tutor for something, to use Mausoleum Secrets. Also watch out for those Everglades, they are not modern legal. All in all, great idea for a deck

TyCas123

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 01:10:19 pm »
Thanks, I’ll give this a relook, just getting into a more competitive modern play style and want to start a deck I can build into a competition ready deck. Any recommendations for something to switch everglades for?

DanyTheWarrior

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 02:10:49 pm »
It depends on how you focus it, but you have great options if you want to...:
-...be resilient to sorcery speed removal: Mishra's Factory, Mutavault, Faceless Haven (requires snow lands), Hive of the Eye Tyrant
-...really keep hurting your life total: Painlands, even though you won't use one of the colors (Caves of Koilos, Llanowar Wastes...)
-... gain flexibility: Agadeem's Awakening, Hagra Mauling, Malakir Rebirth, Blackbloom Rogue, Pelakka Predation
-...fix colorless lands to black: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

My personal recomendation? 4x Mishra's Factory and 1x/2x Agadeem's Awakening. I would trim on Tomb of Urami and leave it as a 1-of, being legendary can really hurt. Piranha Marsh is also underwhelming, entering tapped can hurt too.

Zareck

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 10:55:58 pm »
Hola!

Gracias por el Deck!

Personalmente soy fan de eliminate como removal básico en color negro, me gusta hasta más que Fatal Push. Pero creo que Murderous Rider // Swift End funcionaria muy bien en el Deck.

Puedes probar con Castle Locthwain, que puede mejorar tu draw y restarte algunas vidas. También es interesante Sign in Blood.
Vampire Lacerator, Dusk Legion Zealot, Rankle, Master of Pranks, Spawn of Mayhem, etc son buenas criaturas que pueden encajar bien en tu Deck, creo que mejor que Street Wraith, Diabolic Tutor o Wrench Mind puedes encontrar algo.

Scourge of the Skyclaves, es parecido a Death's Shadow, puede ser perfecto para ti... personalmente me gusta mucho Doom Whisperer, puedes usar su habilidad y llegar al mínimo de vidas y sacar rápido Gurmag Angler.

Para recuperar criaturas puedes probar con Malakir Rebirth // Malakir Mire, te resta vidas y ocupa sitio de tierra.

Thoughtseize, es el discard más óptimo para el Deck, mejor que  Inquisition of Kozilek y poder seguir restando vidas para death's Shadow.

Un saludo y gracias de nuevo!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 11:21:50 pm by Zareck »
Www.dizemo.com

EmperorOppai

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 04:17:28 pm »
You should definitely be running dismember in here, even though all your mana is black, using the phyrexian mana can let you control your life total and get to using shadow really quickly. Highly recommend scourge of the skyclaves as another creature, I'd honestly suggest instead of the Gurmag angler. If you're running mono black, you might want to add a little actual life control, maybe something that can conveniently gain a life or two, I don't know exactly what you'd want to work with there, but you don't have the increased aggro of rakdos/mardu/jund  or the control of dimir/grixis/esper shadow, so you might want to have a little insurance to make sure you can't get popped, especially against burn