deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: iNFINITE rED mANA cOMBO - Comments  (Read 272 times)

Comment Bot

iNFINITE rED mANA cOMBO - Comments
« on: August 03, 2021, 01:33:44 am »

Mzatt

• Arrivederci
  • Decks
Re: iNFINITE rED mANA cOMBO - Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 01:33:44 am »

Revision 3

Changed amounts:
-2 Abrade
+2 (Main) -1 (SB) Shadowspear

Soultpp

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 08:50:22 am »
I am new to deckstats.net and I don't want to seem negative, but I don't see this infinite red mana that seems to be the core of your deck: Soulbright Flamekin's mana generation only happens once per turn on the third use of it's ability.  Also, your Lotus Bloom cards wouldn't come online until turn 4 I think.  Suspend 3 adds 3 time counters on turn 1, goes down to 2 time counters on turn 2, 1 counter on turn 3, and cast on turn 4, or at least that's how I understand suspend to work.  Again, not trying to dump on your idea, I like the concept a lot actually, just doesn't seem to work out in my head.

Mzatt

• Arrivederci
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 02:09:53 pm »
Good catch - I thought Soulbright Flamekin was a broken card, that makes much more sense!

Soultpp

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 09:52:19 am »
Alas not completely broken I am afraid.  However it can still potentially go infinite in a combo.  Basically, you'd need a way to bounce or flicker it after it's 3rd ability without using more than 1 red mana, which would reset the use count.  Training Grounds would make going infinite much easier as well by cutting the activation cost down to 1 per use (3 generic=8 red is pretty awesome by itself)

As I don't claim to be great at magic I can only at this moment think of a 4 card infinite mana combo:

Soulbright Flamekin

Deadeye Navigator for flicker

Training Grounds for cost reduction

Prismite for converting some of the red mana to blue to power Deadeye Navigator's flicker (Made efficient by Training Grounds also)

Only downside is that Deadeye Navigator has a mana value of 6 so you'd need stuff to get him out quicker.

Mzatt

• Arrivederci
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 02:24:12 am »
Nice, I played it out with some cards and it works - I think there are more cards than just training grounds that reduce activation cost too. I am new to constructing Modern Decks and am still figuring out what cards to go to, what cards are banned, etc... but if Blue is being added to the mix then I'm sure there are ways to go about either getting Deadeye Navigator out sooner with higher power cards, or controlling the board/tempo until you can securely play him.

Also, I think Crackdown Construct + Lightning Greaves is an interesting combo. I think all you would need is an extra creature to bounce the equipment back and forth to proc his ability

Soultpp

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 08:50:42 am »
That combo is quite interesting...  And I believe you're right, could get him infinite power then have him swing as early as your second turn. (with the right mana ramp)  Quickest way to get him, greaves, and a 3rd creature that comes to mind is starting black and being able to drop a Sol Ring on turn one:

Turn 1: Swamp/black land>Sol Ring>Lightning Greaves
Turn 2: Swamp&Sol Ring>Dark Ritual for Crackdown Construct& a 1 cost creature (or a 0 cost like a Memnite or Ornithopter but why waste the 1 mana)  Trade Greaves until you're bored, swing and win.

Not sure where that lands in terms of format viability though as I don't play much more than casual myself.

Still, makes me want to try out a deck designed around that play.